Chapter 14 - (2.0K Words)

You watched the people as they passed you by on the street. You could still feel Mark's arm resting on your shoulder. The barrel of the gun was still lightly pressed into your side, but it was hidden by Mark's jacket. To control both you, and the environment.

There's no point in trying to escape. I'll end up with a bullet in my side.

Yugyeom was somewhere behind you with the bag. You didn't have to be a rocket scientist to know what was inside. After all, Mark already had a gun in his hands.

You held your head high, and scanned the people's faces around you. You watched as a couple walked by, holding each other the same way that Mark was holding you. You shivered as they passed by, seeing how happy they were made you sick.

"If you're uncomfortable with me holding you, I can let go of you," Mark whispered. "I think you already know the consequences of acting up." He shoved the gun into a holster that was hidden by the length of his shirt.

"If you could, please," you said, already pulling away from Mark. He removed his arm from your shoulder, and you stepped a good distance away from him. You needed to have some room to breathe.

You shoved your hands into your pockets, and looked out at the street. The road was entirely clogged with cars. You could see people with their phones in hand, either talking or playing games.

You saw a police car slow to a stop, and you instantly perked up. You were disappointed as you watched the car speed away with both of the officers inside it. They were probably searching the city for criminals, not lost little girls.

Besides, they'd probably never believe me anyway...

You sighed, and turned your head away. You watched your feet, trying to avoid the small cracks in the sidewalk. You had to to keep yourself entertained somehow.

After all, Mark's not the best talker...

A strong cold gust of wind came down the street. You shivered, and crossed your arms over your chest, trying to keep yourself warm. It didn't really help that all you had was a white tee shirt.

"Here," you heard Mark say. You looked up, and you saw that he was holding out his jacket.

"Don't tell me you don't want my jacket," Mark said, reaching over to drape it around your shoulders. "Because firstly, you're shivering. Secondly, Namjoon will have my ass mounted on his wall if you decide to freeze yourself."

You smiled at his remark. You slid your arms into the jacket, and you let it hang loosely around you. Another couple passed by you, and you instinctively stepped out of the way, and towards Mark. You didn't realize how close you were to him until you stepped away from him again.

"So," Mark said, awkwardly scratching the back of his neck. "I actually have something that I need to ask you."

"Yes?" You asked cautiously, looking up at him. You weren't sure what he could possibly want to ask.

"I need to know, did Jackson ever get off that plane?"

You stopped walking. You watched as he paused just in front of you. You put your hand up to your eyes. You felt as he grabbed your other hand, and pulled you off to the side the sidewalk.

"I know about everything that happened. It's no secret that Namjoon wants him dead," Mark said, keeping his voice low. "But I need to know if you saw him get off of the plane. It's important."

You kept your hand over your eyes, and you stood still. The world around you seemed to slow down immensely. You were too worried about your own life to care about Jackson right now. You wanted to believe that he was alive, but you hadn't seen him get off the plane. You hoped that your presence had helped to save his life.