You have nothing to worry about

Titina

I ran straight into my room, closing the door behind me. I stood against the door while I tried to calm my breathing.

"What is happening?" I whispered to myself as I ran my hands through my hair and slowly slid down the door. Why didn't I push him away? Why didn't I want to?

Oh god was Alya right? I thought I just didn't want to kill him, was it really something like this? No. NO. I am not going to let that happen. I refuse to have feelings for Jeon Jungkook.

"Kat?" Alya knocked on the door.

I let out a pathetic cry and tumbled away from the door. Alya walked in confused and looked down at me.

"Did I scare you?" She asked softly, closing the door behind her.

"No." I stood up quickly. "I was just, um, singing."

"Singing?" Alya raised an eyebrow.

"Yeah, you know the song where it kind of screams in the middle?" What was I saying?

Alya looked at me like I wore parachute pants. I couldn't blame her, I was just flustered as fuck.

"Okay." She said slowly. "You need to sleep."

"Yeah." I breathed. "That's what I need." What I needed was someone to hit me in the head with a hammer and give me amnesia.

Alya pulled her hair up loosely and slid off her shirt, throwing it across the floor. She pulled on a more comfortable shirt and sat on the bed, stretching her arms out. I started to get ready myself, trying to pull my shirt over my head, but winced when my arm buckled.

Alya stood immediately, grabbing at the hem of my shirt and lifting it over my arms carefully.

"Honestly how long am I going to have to baby you?" Ayla smiled lightly as she tossed me a plain white long sleeve shirt.

"Well if I am 18 years old and still can't put a shirt on then it looks like you have a long way to go."

Alya laughed, but I could tell it held sadness and worry. I sat down next to her after pulling sweats on and crossed my legs over the bed.

"What are you thinking?" I leaned towards her.

Alya played with her fingers. "When we first got communication with Jimin and he told us everything that had happened, Namjoon was the first to suggest we go look for you. I told him not to. I told him to leave you, that you could take care of yourself. He kept on insisting because he was worried for your safety. He didn't want you hurt or worse. But for some reason, me, your teammate, someone you have known for three years, didn't care about pulling you out."

I was completely speechless. "Alya..." I whispered.

"You are like a little sister to me." Her voice grew choppy. "And I see how these guys treat Natty and how protective they are over her, and it makes me think that I haven't ever showed you or Presley anywhere close to affection."

I tried to scoot closer to her. "You grew up as a spy. You were trained at a very young age to never care for anyone too deeply because everyone around you ends up dying anyway. Your mind is set in a way that when it comes to the greater good of the mission, that is what you will go for. Presley is the same, so am I. We both know that you love us, it is just different."

"You two like the way these guys treat you though. I can see it." She said softly.

"Presley might like it, but honestly it confuses me. They are very protective and careful. I assume it is because they grew up with each other. They have only had one another throughout their whole lives. Growing up in a situation like this and growing up how you and Presley did are polar opposites. These guys are soldiers, we are killers. You can't compare the way you express your feelings to them, it is like trying to compare the taste of ice cream and chicken."