Tears of the past

L a c e

I'm leaning against someone, but who?

My memory of last night (possibly this morning) is hazy, but I do know someone came into my room.

"Heya sweetheart, you feeling alright?" I look up to see G, why is he in here? "Heh, I'm just gonna take that as a yes."

I sat up properly, moving away from him. G chuckled and got closer to me. "W-what are you doing?" Why did I whisper? No one else can hear us right now.
"What does it look like? Last night you practically had a break down, so I am going to pester you until you tell me what triggered it."

I pulled the blanket further over my shoulders, I don't want to remember, or let anyone know. But it helps right? It's what Lucida told me when walking to school a couple days ago...

"Talking about your past can be difficult." Lucida looked at me with that smile, it seemed to be a little forced though. "What about you?" I asked. She sighed and put her hands in the pockets of her coat.
"My past is far, far too complicated. The only person I can talk to is Sans, maybe you should try with him as well?"

I crossed my legs and took a deep breath, telling him everything.

G! S a n s

This girl, has literally been through hell and back. Lace's parents were emotionally abusive towards her, she lost someone (never told me who) so precious to her.

No one should deserve to be treated like that!

Think about what Lucida had *sigh* still has to go through, Lace is not much different to her after all...

I ignore the voice, Wing may be right but right now my attention is on Lace.

Maybe I shouldn't have been such an idiot to her, maybe I should've tried getting to know her properly.

I wiped away the tears that began falling down her cheeks, she flinched a little but soon relaxed again.

"The d-day you found me." Lace pulled the blanket further over her shoulders, grimacing at the memory. "I thought I found a nice p-place to stay. The man and the woman w-welcomed me in, gave me some clean clothes... but l-later that night. The man c-came into the room I was going to stay in." Lace took another deep breath, but was now looking down at the floor. "H-he was drunk and began t-touching me. I shouted f-for help but the woman just stood and watched. I s-still had my shoes on, so I kicked his shin and grabbed the vase on the side table, throwing it at the woman."

She finished the story with uncontrollable tears, her whole body trembling. I managed to get closer and pulled her in for a hug. Lace didn't push me away like she always does when I try pissing her off. Her arms wrapped around me, her cries muffled by my white jumper.

"It's alright, no one is going to hurt you anymore. You're safe here."

Everyone is safe, right?

A/N: Damn I really liked writing this. 

So yep G knows about your past, but not about the things you do to yourself... yet.

Don't worry he will one day but now is not the time. 

Yep, I do realise the last line is... cryptic? Probably, but that will occur later in the story. 

I should stop rambling, hope you enjoyed this chapter! ヽ(✧ᴥ✧)ノ