53.

Dedicated to @awkwardbutsassybish_ for wanting this book to go on forever. <3 It can't unfortunately but if it did, it'd get boring af. XD Love your comments by the way! ;D I'll leave some flowers in your coffin sometime.

****

Jane sighed heavily, as she lay in bed staring at the ceiling. The only sound in the room was the light snoring that was coming from her father, who had fallen asleep on the chair near her bed.

Jane winced a little as her body ached. It was always aching. She was always in pain. The only difference was that sometimes it was unbearable and other times, she could hide the fact that it hurt.

She heard someone crying in the next room. It was probably the new patient since Kate had passed away only last night.

Death wasn't unfamiliar here. 

Jeremy Anderson, age 17 had lost his life to cancer last week.

Only 4 years old, Michelle Smith's body couldn't handle the radiations and Jane had seen her parents distraught with grief in the corridor.

Penelope Jones, only several months old, left this world a month ago.

Martin Clark passed away at 7. His parents were planning his 8th birthday party which was supposed to be next week. There will be no balloons and colorful dresses but instead, a coffin and black everywhere.

"When?" Jane whispered quietly as she did every day now. When was she going to leave this world? What day would it be? She hoped it wasn't a sunny day on the day it happened. She hoped that it would be raining.

It was strange how something you once loved, you would come to hate it later on. Jane had loved the rain, she had loved the rainbow after the rain, she had loved the feel of water as it would trickle down her body. Now, she hated it. She hated everything. She hated the beautiful illusion that this world was. Now that she had seen reality, she hated the lies.

So, Jane wished that the rain would wash away this world along with her existence.

She could imagine it now as she closed her eyes. It would be raining heavily and everyone outside would be drenched. People safely inside their homes would notice the rain and shudder at how hard it was falling. No one would escape this downpour and the rain would consume everything. Everyone would drown and this world would drown and the people in it would drown and Charlie... Charlie would drown.

Jane slowly opened her eyes. Charlie would drown too. She wanted to save him. She wanted to get him as far away from the rain as possible. If she, herself was the raging rain, she had to get Charlie away from herself.