43.

Dedicated to @scribblingonthewall for being a dedicated reader! :D Hope you're enjoying the story so far. Lemme know what you think. ^.^ Also, I think your username is so cool!

****

He stayed up that night, his eyes staring at his laptop screen but not seeing anything.

There were dry tear stains on his cheeks but he barely noticed. His mind had gone blank.

He had the Wattpad chat page open and his eyes were fixed on a particular username. He hadn't replied to Janette's message. And she hadn't said anything either.

And here he was. Two hours later, still pondering what he should say. What could he say?

She had said that she was dying.

Dying...

Janette... dying...

It was the most unexpected, the most cruel thing that had ever happened to him. He hadn't known how to react, how to respond, how to feel.

He had just started to sob.

He never cried. His mother told him that he rarely cried even when he was a baby. But he had cried that night.

He found it difficult to breathe and couldn't stop the continuous flow of tears.

And when he did stop crying, he stopped moving. He froze in his chair, not wanting to move. He found no energy to do anything. He felt drained out.

And at two a.m that early morning, he made up his mind to leave for Vancouver that same morning.