35

The next morning, Micky woke up to go to school. Mike was still asleep so he tried to be as quiet as he could as he got dressed and left the bedroom.

Micky walked into the kitchen, where Rebecca had prepared scrambled eggs and toast. She smiled at him as he sat at the table.

"Good morning," she said, handing him a plate of food.

"Morning," Micky muttered, still half asleep. He began to eat and Rebecca sat across from him. She looked at the boy thoughtfully.

"I've been thinking about something," Rebecca said quietly, "but I want your opinion."

He raised an eyebrow at her.

"Do you..." she sighed, "do you think I should get Michael a therapist?"

Micky frowned. He thought about the question for a few minutes before sighing.

"Do you think he would open up to a stranger?" he asked.

Rebecca looked down. She was moving her eggs around on the plate, but they remained untouched.

"That's what I was thinking," Rebecca whispered. "But I...I don't know how else to h-help him." She looked like she was going to cry.

Micky set down his fork and looked at her.

"Mike helped me in every way he could when I lived with my mother, Mrs. Nesmith," he said. "Now, I'm going to do everything in my power to help him."

I started a Q&A book bc I'm trash so go ask me shit if you wanna