Chapter 29

Hey guys, if you didn't know I've published a new story. It's called 'Fangs Out' for those who are vampire enthusiasts. It'll be great if you guys checked it out! Thanks and enjoy this chapter. One last thing, I won't really be updating in a long time because I'll be busy with Fangs Out plus vacation so I'm really sorry. XX

---

Lucas chuckled after he watched me fail. "Come on, try again. I'll help you."

I raised the bow again, pulled the arrow onto the string towards the side of my face and began to aim at the tree again when Lucas stood right beside me as he brushed his fingers down my arm and stopped when it reached my wrist.

He raised my hand higher and breathed above my head, "Don't be so stiff, just relax. Now concentrate at the tree. Imagine it's a deadly beast and you are aiming for it, trying to hunt it down."

I finally managed to relax myself a bit more. After many deep breaths, I released the arrow.

The arrow went flying towards the tree fast and it landed into the trunk but not perfectly in the middle. I lower my hands and began to cheer.

"Yes! I hit the goddamn tree!" I cried out as I jumped up and down swinging my arms above my head.

"Not bad Ruby, not bad." Dakota applauded with a chuckle.

"I knew you'd be an excellent archer, Ruby." Leah praised as she patted my shoulder.

"Hehe, thanks Leah but I wouldn't refer myself to an excellent archer." I replied as I walked over to the tree to pick up the arrows.

Lucas walked beside me wrapping his arm around my shoulders and giving me a peck on my temple.

"Come on, we should get going."

Leah and Dakota walked ahead of us while I walked together with Lucas.

"Did I do pretty good babe?" I asked glancing up at him. He glanced back at me shooting his green eyes at me.

"What that archery? Of course babe. But you only did good because of me." He joked chuckling. I gasped and pushed the side of my body towards his which made him whimper playfully. He did it to me as well and it kept going until I had enough,

"Okay, okay that's enough Lucas." I said giggling. He nodded and glanced at me grinning.

"What?"I asked smiling at what a beautiful masterpiece his face is.

He was still grinning when he hit the side of my body with his hip so hard that I almost lost balance.

"Lucas! What the hell, I said stop!" I warned him. He laughed as I threw him a playful punch on his muscular arm. The both of us ended up bursting into laughter.

"You look so cute when you're mad--"

"Yeah I know I know, you've said that about a dozen times already." I replied cutting his sentence.

"-- like a hungry grizzly bear."

I shrugged and flashed him a smile. "Bears are cute so whatever."

While we were busy with our conversation, Dakota suddenly called out to us. "We're entering the deep parts of the forest guys, keep your eyes open at all times and look around your surroundings."

"Does that mean the beasts may appear here?" I curiously asked as Lucas and I walked closer to him. Dakota nodded. "How long will it take to reach the end of this fucking forest?" I added.

"Hm I don't know, around night time. Probably at 9 or something?" He answered shrugging.

"What time is it now?" I asked. Lucas glanced down at his watch and answered, "It's only 8."

"13 freaking hours. Great, I wish you guys had your flight potions." I complained crossing my arms and groaning .

*****

Two hours later we were resting beside a river. It's been hours of walking but still no sign of any beast that could attack us and eat us whole.

"I bet you guys made it all up about the evil beasts and all only to scare me huh?" I said scoffing.

"What made you think that?" Leah asked standing up after filling a bottle with water from the river.

"We've been in this forest for hours and nothing's ever shown up!" I cried out.

Suddenly, there was a big rustling coming from the trees and bushes behind us. All three of us stood up while Leah returned to us from the river. The three sorcerers readied their magical weapons while I held out my bow hesitantly. The rustling became bigger and louder seeming like it was nearing us when finally...

BAM!

A creature that looked like a bull but standing on two feet stood 10 feet from us breathing heavily like it just ran a marathon. It was 8 feet tall and had hairy brown fur everywhere with its horns that were the length of your leg each.

"WHAT THE HELL IS THAT THING!?" I asked in panic.

"It's a Minotaur." Lucas answered grinning at the Minotaur.

"Are you serious? Is it really a Minotaur?"

"Of course not, Ruby. I'm just calling it that because it looks like one. Now come on, we gotta kill it."

Before I could say something else, the Minotaur lunged forward with its huge horns aiming at Dakota and Leah. They both dodged it easily and began lunging their swords and magic spells toward the beast.

"Come on Ruby, this'll be fun." Lucas said grinning before he ran over to the fight and joined the battle.

"FUN!? Wha-- what am I-- Ugh!" I decided to just attack the beast with my bow from afar. I raised my bow, pulled my arrow onto the string and began to aim at the Minotaur. The Minotaur was lunging its fist at Dakota which threw him to the ground, hard. I aimed at the Minotaur with concentration but couldn't release the arrow because it moved too much and too quick.

Lucas climbed up the Minotaur's back and raised his sword up while trying so hard to not fall off its back. He stabbed the Minotaur's back with the sword which it whimper loudly. The Minotaur grabbed Lucas with its big hands and threw him to the ground where he landed across Dakota. Leah and I were left fighting it. She was throwing magic spells at it, they did hurt the beast but it didn't give much effect.

"Ruby!" Leah shouted. "Aim for its head while I distract it."

Okay Ruby, you can do this. Just focus and concentrate, I thought before taking a deep breath. I aimed the arrow towards the beast's big head with deep concentration. The Minotaur swung its mighty hand to Leah. Leah went flying across the place and she landed near the river.

Now the Minotaur had its red eyes on me. I stared at its eyes with a sinister look and released the arrow. The arrow went flying quick towards the Minotaur and...

It went ripping through between the Minotaur's eyes and black ooze which I think is its blood began dripping from where the arrow landed. The Minotaur collapsed to the ground with a loud thud and a smile crept across my face.

"Wooooooo! That was incredible, baby. Great job!" Lucas applaud after he stood up. He walked over to me and gave me a quick hug.

"Oh-- wow. I never thought I could actually do it. It feels amazing." I said chuckling while Lucas shot me a smirk. Dakota was already up too and he helped Leah up. They both walked towards us smiling proudly.

"Good job, the plan worked." Leah said smiling.

"p--plan? What plan?" I asked.

"This place we are standing at right now? It's that beast's lair or you may call a Minotaur." Dakota explained. "We brought you here on purpose so that you can prove that you are worthy to kill beasts. You know the three of us could've killed that beast easily but we gave you a chance."

"Wow, thanks a lot guys!" I said snorting.

"You did great, Ruby. But don't worry, more beasts await us beyond this forest." Lucas shouted excitedly grinning.

"Oh that's not a problem, I'm so ready to slay some more beasts. Bring them on!" I cried out chuckling.