Chapter 6

It was Friday after school. Maddie planned to throw a party at her house while her parents were gone.

I invited Lucas to come over to my house to help me pick a dress for Maddie's party. At first I was going to ask my mom's advice but Lucas actually told me that he's got good taste in girl's fashion. Of course I didn't believe him, but he's got magic, so I gave him a shot.

It was 3:30 pm when we arrived at my house. My mom greeted Lucas full of joy.
"Oh, I'm so delightful to finally meet you Lucas, Ruby has been telling me about you. She told me you were super hot! I can see that."

I was full of embarassment, "Mom!"

Lucas laughed, "it's so nice to see you too Mrs. Millers, Ruby is a great girl."

I grabbed Lucas' arm and brought him to my room. "I like your room." I replied, "Thanks."

I opened my wardrobe and took out three different dresses. The first one was black. It had long sleeves and black roses around the waist.

Lucas said, "Jeez, this dress is too dark. You're not a vampire aren't you?" I rolled my eyes. I picked up the second dress and pulled it to my body.

The second dress is a yellow bubble dress, with a huge bow on the side. "This one's cute, but let's see the last one first." I said.

The other one is white. It's a v-neck sleeveless knee length dress with a small pink lace wrapped around the waist and flowers at the bottom. It was really pretty.

"I wish I had a pink dress. You know, Maddie likes pink and I wanted to wear a pink dress for tonight to make her happy." I explained.

Lucas added, "I can solve your problem, your majesty." He held his right hand in front of his eyes, and a pink glowing spark appeared. He threw the spark to my white dress and....

POOF!

My dress turned to the colour pink! I was so amazed and happy. I pulled the dress to my body, and Lucas stared with aw. The dress was beautiful.

(The picture above the title on the top is what the pink dress looks like)

I spun around and then I turned to Lucas and jumped up and down.

"Thankyou thankyou THANKYOU, Lucas! I can now wear this to Maddie's party!" I shouted.

"Anything for you, my fair lady." We both laughed.

"Remember to pick me up at 6:30 tonight, babe." I reminded Lucas.

"6:30. Got it."

Lucas went home to get ready for the party.

And so I took a shower and put some makeup on my face. I rarely wear makeup, only on special occasions. I like to keep it natural.

I put a light red lipstick, black mascara, some powder and eyeliner. And then I curled my hair with my hair curler.

I picked up my pink dress and gazed upon it for a bit, and then wore it. I felt like a ballerina princess! I put on my white wedges and headed downstairs.

It was 6:27 pm. Lucas was already waiting for me at the bottom of the staircase.

"You look beautiful." He complimented me. "So do you." I replied. Lucas was wearing a black tux and it looks like he brushed his hair. He looked like a sexy british billionaire. Grrrr.

"Remember Ruby, be home at 10:30 okay?" My mom told me. "Oh come on mom, it's Friday night! Can't I at least come home at 12?" I complained. "Alright honey, be safe! And don't forget to have a good time, you two look amazing." She added. "Thanks mom."

Lucas' glamarous silver car was parked outside. I think it was a Marcedes-Benz? I have no idea.

We got in and drove to Maddie's house.

"Wanna listen to some tunes?" Lucas asked me. "Sure, whatcha got?" I asked. "I've got magic babe, all you need to do is tell me a song and it'll play right away." He replied. "Aww you're such a darling."

I kissed him on his right cheek and picked a song. "How about One Direction?" I asked. He joked, "woah, we've got a directioner in here, hahah. I'm just joking. They're great."

The song A.M. started playing all of a sudden. I placed my head on his right shoulder and we enjoyed the music.

We finally arrived at around 6.50 pm. We got out of the car and Lucas grabbed my left hand and we walked to the front door. We could hear loud music coming from inside the house. I knocked the door. Maddie answered the door.

She was wearing a pretty one-shoulder bright pink dress.

Maddie said excitedly, "Hey guys! I'm so glad you're here. Come in, and party!"

Lucas and I stepped in the house. Everyone were wearing dresses and tux.

"Wow, Ruby I can't believe you wore pink!" Maddie said. "I wanted to surprise you Mads. How many people did you invite? This house is loaded!" I asked. "I invited everyone!" Maddie walked away and started dancing on the dance floor with Brandon.

"Would you care for a dance?" Lucas asked while holding my left hand and bowed. "I would love too!" I replied royally.

We headed to the dance floor and started dancing. They were playing a romantic slow music, so we did a slow dance.

I placed my left hand on his shoulder and he placed his on my waist. Our right hands held together. We danced the night away.

While we were dancing, I caught a glimpse of Jackson, watching us dance with a death glare on the corner of the room. What was his problem, why does he hate Lucas so much? I decided to not talk to him about it today and wait until tomorrow.

After we finished dancing, Lucas grabbed my hand and took me to Maddie's backyard. We were alone there and we sat on a bench. Maddie had a telescope and we looked through it to see the stars.

"The stars are out! The sky is so beautiful tonight." I said with a smile. Lucas turned to me and said, "I agree, the night is beautiful. But its beauty won't compare to yours."

"You're a man of words!" I said to him and blushed. Lucas moved his head to mine and we kissed. This time, it was much longer.

Lucas placed his hands to my cheeks and I could feel his cold skin. It was really cold and we were still kissing.

We finally managed to let our lips go. We went back in and partied some more.

It was 11.30 pm. I kept my promise to my mom. So Lucas and I said our goodbyes to Maddie and we drove back to my house.

Lucas dropped me off to my house and he drove home. I came in my house and went upstairs to my room to wash off my makeup, brush my teeth and change to my sleepwear.

I got into my bed when suddenly...

*knock *knock *knock

I heard knocks from my window and so I got out from my blanket and opened my window. It was Lucas, sitting outside on the roof. I let him in. He was wearing a plain white t-shirt and blue checkered shorts.

I asked, "what are you doing here, Lucas? And how did you get here?" He answered, "I got here with my flight spell. I couldn't stop thinking of you, Ruby. May I sleep with you on your bed tonight?"

I flashed a wide smile and shouted, "Yes!"

We got in my bed and lied under the soft blanket. He wrapped his arms around me and whispered to my ear, "I love you." I replied, "I love you too." We slept calmly.

It was the best night of my life.