Chapter 9

The weekend was over. Noooooo! It's a gloomy Monday morning. My alarm went off but I was still in bed (this happens every Monday)

I finally decided to wake up before my mom comes up. So, I got ready for school. I brushed my straight brown hair. I loosen it and let it fall until my chest. I put on a white GAP top, a red-black checkered long sleeved shirt over it and my black skinny jeans. I used a pair of sneakers and ran downstairs.

I ate breakfast, drank some milk and headed to school.

I got to school on time when the bell rang. I headed to my locker and took out my books. We had History for the first period. Lucas and I submitted our research paper to Mrs. Grant and she gave us an A! It might have not been a pure A (Lucas probably used his magic, idk) but I was still glad.

I had Biology for second period. Lucas and I weren't in the same class, neither was Maddie. But Jackson was there.

I sat at the middle and Lucas sat in front of me. He glanced to me and smiled. I smiled back. Our relation has improved ever since we hung out at Coney Island. He talked more and he probably moved on from me already (probably not)

We had a quiz. Thank goodness I studied much Biology last night. I could answer all the questions well.

Jackson suddenly turned to me and whispered, "Hey, Ruby. What's the answer for number 6?" I giggled, "Jackson! You didn't study last night didn't you!" Jackson rolled his eyes, "oh come on, at least I've never asked you for an answer as much as you do. Come on, spit it out." "It's Archaebacteria." Jackson thanked me, "Thanks."

Jackson asked me a bunch of times throughout the quiz. I guess he needed a break from all the hard studying.

We finished our quiz and I was positive I'd get a score above 90 for this. Hallelujah!

******

"Finally, it's lunch time! I'm starving." I whined circling my belly with my hand.

We both walked to the canteen together and got our food. We sat down at a table and ate.

Jackson barged in, "Yes! Finally some food!" He ate like a fat pig that hasn't eaten for days. Maddie yawned, "Hey Ruby, I was thinking of going shopping with you today. You're free after school right?" I'm not the type of person that's into shopping that much but I'd like to accompany Maddie and find some new clothes. "Sure, I'd love to go."

"Jeez, all you girls do is shop. You know you've got plenty of clothes in your fat ass closets." Jackson muttered.

"Us girls will always need new clothes. All you wear to school is 5 different sucky, boring t-shirts you probably bought from e-bay." Maddie proclaimed.

"Pftt. Those 'sucky' shirts are legendary." Jackson rubbed his blue Star Wars shirt and kissed it. "Whatevs."

Agreeing to our plan, Maddie and I headed to Macy's to do some shopping. We came in and searched some racks of clothes to find something we liked.

"Ruby, what do you think about this?" Maddie showed me a blue striped shift dress. "This will look great on you." I replied.

I searched the rack and found a really cute beige halter-neck top. "Let's go try these on!"

We went to the fitting rooms and tried the outfits. I took off my clothes and put on the top. I looked at the mirror and it fit me perfectly. I went out of the fitting room and showed it to Maddie.

Maddie was wearing the blue shift dress. She looked stunning. "Maddie you should get it! It suits you beautifully." I complimented her. "That top suits you too."she replied.

We changed out from the clothes and decided to buy them. We were waiting in the line for payment when my phone rang. It was Lucas.

"Hello?"

"Ruby, you're supposed to go to my house today!"

Crap! I forgotten about my lessons with Lucas!

"Lucas! I'm so sorry, I forgotten. I'm still at Macy's shopping with Maddie."

"Well you should hurry up. Get to my house in 30 minutes okay?

" okay!"

I hung up and payed for my clothes.

"Maddie, I'm sorry but I've got to meet up with my err mom at home. She says it's important." I explained. "Aww too bad. Alright, I guess I'll shop more by myself. Bye Ruby!"

We said our goodbyes and I got in a cab and went to Lucas' house.

I hit the doorbell and the door opened to Lucas.

"Sorry I'm late." I apologized. "That's fine." He smiled.

We headed to his Sorcery room. Dakota was waiting for us there. "So.....before we start our lesson, got any questions?" Dakota asked me. "Can I see the red spark I touched last time?" I asked. "Sure"

We went upstairs and got to the red spark. "What is this anyway?" I asked Lucas. "It's a Ruby, Ruby." Lucas replied. "It is?" "Yup, Rubies are the precious gems of our beloved kingdom Trixwerys. Each land of Ephiezora has their own special gemstone and the gemstones has many important purposes. One of them is as a portal that gets you to each kingdom and lands. Basically just like you as my special someone." Lucas winked and I flashed him a smile. "There are hundreds of other lands scattered around Ephiezora besides Trixwerys, but we'll get there later." Dakota said.

It's really cool to have your name as a gemstone of a magical land.

I asked, "How do you guys know so much about Ephiezora?" Lucas answered, "my mom taught us. She used to be a History teacher at Trixwerys before she married my dad and became queen."

We headed downstairs and started the lesson (technically it isn't really a lesson... more like a plan to get to Ephiezora. But we'll stick to the word lesson)

Dakota took out an old, dusty map from one of the drawers and placed it on a huge round table of the room. We gathered around it and watched him talk. It was a map of Ephiezora. It looked just like the map of Middle Earth from Lord of the Rings. This is wicked!

"So this is where we'll teleport to when we head in the portal." Dakota pointed to a kingdom that says Trixwerys. "We'll appear at the center of the kingdom in that circle. The army of Arvhius have ruled Trixwerys ever since we fled to New York. We'll need to be cautious there." I asked, "who's their leader?" Dakota answered, "he's a really strong and dark sorcerer named Lucius Drach. The last time I saw him, he kidnapped Patricia, Lucas' sister in her room. I saw him cast a dark spell and threw it at her. She didn't survive. She was only 12." Lucas looked sad. "I'm sorry."

Lucas mumbled, "it's fine. Come on let's get back to this. So how are we going to get to the elders?" Dakota replied, "the elders aren't in Trixwerys. We'll need to pass the Nicolai Bridge (the bridge was named after Lucas' father, King Nicolai) And then we head through the Calarook Forest and cross the Morelli Lake."

Lucas pointed at a kingdom that spelled Leoria. The kingdom looked bigger than Trixwerys. "This is where the elders are. Leoria is the biggest and strongest kingdom of all Ephiezora." I asked, "what's the gemstone of this place?" Dakota flipped a page from a book he was holding and said, "it's a diamond. We've got thousands of other gemstones that aren't to be found in the human world. But we've got some of them that are the same. Wisienor has got peridots for their gemstones, Glosekron got sapphires, Qribelle got amethyst, and etc."

I was amazed, "This is all so new to me, but I'm so nervous to go to Ephiezora." Lucas soothed me, "everything will be fine Ruby. You should get home, I don't want your mom to worry about you."

And so I gave him a quick kiss on the lips before I went downstairs and went for home.