Chapter 3

It was finally time, I met up with Lucas near the locker area. He was picking up his bag. He took a glimpse of me and turned around.

"So, you ready to go?" he asked clutching one of the straps of his backpack. I nodded pulling out a smile onto my face. We walked to the parking lot together searching for his car.

His car was parked at one corner. It was a really nice car which I was so sure it cost tons of money.

He opened the car door and let me in first to the passenger seat. He was such a gentleman. He got in starting up the engine and beginning to zoom through streets of Brooklyn.

The first 5 minutes of the drive were just so awkward. We were so silent and I had to break it up.

"So, where did you live before you moved to New York?" I asked glancing up at him.

"I was born in New York, actually,  I never did move. But I was homeschooled until this year so I don't have that much friends." A small smile crept across his face. Aw! It was adorable.

The rest of the drive was quiet. We were both speechless. After 10 minutes, we fibally arrived.

Lucas parked the car at the edge of the street just outside the great fences. I step out of his car checking out the surroundings. His house was located in a quiet and calm neighborhood which I would love to live at. I shifted my gaze to a house before me. His house was HUGE! Probably twice the size of my own. It's a two-story house, green painted walls and a short staircase that leads to the front door. It had a patio on the front of the house and a beautiful garden at the sides. It was like a classic Victorian house.

"Welcome to the Vrixon's haven." Lucas began raising up his arms stupidly.

"Your house is beautiful." I complimented which made him smile.

He led me to the front door opening it for me. I went in and I was amazed, it was like some kind of wizard's house in here!

The wallpaper was dark green with some odd fancy pattern, there were many hallways, paintings and classic decorations. It wasn't the scary type of house. It was GLAMOROUS and big enough for a total of 10 people living here.

I walked towards a huge painting of a beautiful lady. She had dark raven hair, wearing a pretty midnight blue dress. It labeled, 'Amelia Lou Vrixon'.

"Is this your mom?" I asked and Lucas nodded. "She's stunning."

He led me to a room filled with grand chairs and a long grand table. It had a glimmering chandelier above the table. On the right side of the room, was the living room. A massive flat screen tv was sitting on the floor. He must've watch tv a lot. They even have a fireplace too. Need them S'mores!!!

I placed my bag on the table taking out my laptop, pencil case and books.

"I have to get my stuff from my room." Lucas muttered before stepping out of the room heading upstairs and left me alone downstairs.

I explored the house some more while he was upstairs, yeah I get curious at times. I ended up on one of the hallway. At the end of the hallway, a sparkly jade door caught my eye. I walked closer to the door as if it was reaching out for me, calling for my name. It was like I was meant to go there.

As I walked closer to that door, Lucas suddenly appeared behind me which sort of startled me.

"Hey, I've got my stuff. We should start working." He said biting his lip.

"Oh, yeah sure. Hey Lucas, I'm just curios, what's behind that door?" I asked.

"Oh there's nothing in there. Come on, let's get to work." He replied gesturing his hand for me to follow him.