Chapter 23

"What do you want?" I furiously asked as Dakota looked at me in surprise.

"Uh...I swung by earlier. I thought I'd find Lucas here cause he hasn't come home and of course I did but you weren't here." He replied scratching the back of his neck.

"Where is he?"

"He's in your room sleeping, wasted as hell."

"Hmm, I should check on him." I made my way to the stairs and headed for my room with Dakota following behind.

I slowly pushed down the handle and entered the room quietly. A Batman costume was lying around the floor and there lied Prince Lucas wrapped around the duvet looking like a total wreck. His hair was looking really messy which I thought was so hot and he was only in his boxers.

I walked closer to the bed and bent down to gently rub his hair which made him stir. I placed a kiss on his forehead. I wish you weren't so darn cute so that I could stay mad at you. I stood up and sighed.

"It's his seventeenth birthday next week." Dakota muttered.

I turned to him wide-eyed as I hinted, "Really? We should do something special for him."

He shook his head, "his last birthday party was back in Ephiezora. He didn't want any here..."

"It doesn't have to be a party. I just want to make him happy."

He chuckled and shrugged as he turned towards the door, "Sure, whatever you want."

I quickly chased after him and closed the door silently behind us.

"Dakota, any ideas?" I asked as he hummed, thinking.

"He used to love watching the stars. Hasn't done that in like a million years." He scoffed.

I clapped my hands together and shouted, "Wait no, that's perfect! We should go stargazing! He'd love that."

He let out a frown. "But where exactly will we do that?" I hummed for a while and smiled. "At the top of the Brooklyn Bridge."

He chuckled. "You're crazy but that sounds great." I nodded proudly.

But then Dakota's smile was swept away from his face.

"Ruby." He clasped my shoulder. "You'll have to be ready. It's in a few weeks, a few days before Thanksgiving."

I gasped knowing what it meant. I can't believe how quick it felt, it was like I only just found out that sorcery was real and I'll be going to Ephiezora in just a few weeks. This was just too overwhelming.

"Okay." I mumbled as he released his clasp.

"Will you be okay?"

I looked up at him and confidentally say, "I'm alright Dakota. Besides, won't it be fun to see Ephiezora? I'm actually quite excited, well apart from Lucius and all but I'll be fine."

He nodded and then the door to my room swung open.

"Uh, morning guys." Lucas murmured in his sleepy voice as he rubbed his eyes. He bit his lower lip and flickered his eyes when he made eye contact with me.

"Morning and by the way, thanks for shoving me last night." I snapped crossing my arms.

"Look I'm very sorry about last night, I didn't mean it. I couldn't control myself and that witch, Felicity made me drink so much. I'm so sorry Ruby I was a douche, will you forgive me, babe? Please?" He begged with puppy eyes twinkling.

I hummed for a while and slapped his cheek. "That's for shoving me." He didn't look like he was in much pain and then stared into my eyes. I leaned forward, stood on my tiptoes and gave him a long kiss on his soft lips.

"That's for being so sweet." I smiled as we finally let go of our kiss. "Dude, why does your mouth smell like mint and not alcohol and vomit?"

He chuckled and replied, "I brushed my teeth just now. Don't want my beautiful girlfriend to taste the vomit and alcohol when we kiss."

I giggled and kissed him again when Dakota interrupted. "Ugh guys, I swear you've kissed in front of me about a dozen times already. Could you stop?" I actually felt kinda bad for him.

"I'm gonna shower real quick, that okay?" Lucas asked after ending the kiss. I nodded. "Sure, I'll let you borrow some of my dad's clothes." He made his way into the bathroom while I ran for my parents' room grabbing my dad's plain white tee and a pair of shorts from the closet. I waited in front of the bathroom door for Lucas to open it and I handed him the clothes.

After a few minutes, he stepped out already looking clean and fresh. His brown hair was in perfect shape and his dazzling green eyes were wide opened.

"So!" He clapped his hands together. "What're we gonna do today?"

"Um, I don't really have plans for today. It's 12, how about we order some pizza, curl up on the couch and just...do nothing." I suggested.

The both of them nodded in agreement and we went downstairs. The three of us sat on the sofa as I grabbed my phone to order us some pizza. The delivery guy arrived a few moments later and I headed to the front door to pay him and bring in the boxes of pizza.

As I walked back to the living room, the boys were holding my PS4 controllers eyes glued to the tv. I glanced at the screen to see them playing one of my favorite game, Halo 5 on multiplayer mode. Dakota was sitting on the floor while Lucas sat on the couch. I groaned, placed the boxes on the coffee table, jumped onto the couch and lied on Lucas' lap while grabbing a slice of pizza.

"Aww, looks like I can't join the game." I whined as I chewed my pizza. "Aww, that's too bad." He replied not even bothering to glance down at me. I groaned as I watched the two boys play.

A few minutes passed and that was when Lucas' character died. Dakota and I laughed so hard until I couldn't breathe anymore.

"Lucas you really suck." I mocked him. He groaned and pinched my leg which made me wince. "Ow!"

I tried to grab the controller off his hands but he leaned down, cupped my face and kissed me instead. "I'm a so much better gamer than you are." I retorted as we kissed. "Prove it after the kiss ends." He added as we played around with our tongues.

Dakota was still enjoying the game while Lucas and I ended up making out on the couch on this typical Saturday.