Chapter Forty Two

Start from the beginning

"Oakland?" Scott grunts angrily. "Is that who you're with? What the hell Abby? Why are you with that Dbag?"

"So it's t-true?" I ask ignoring his question and pointing the conversation back towards him. "You were w-with someone yesterday?"

Once again it goes silent on the other end of the phone and that's all the confirmation that I need. I shake my head and a tear escapes down my cheek, my throat starts to burn and I think Oakland notices because he sets a hand on my shoulder as I attempt to hold my emotions in. 

"Listen Abby," Scott says softly. "I don't wanna talk about this over the phone okay? You need to come home, it's not safe out there."

"I think I'd r-rather be out h-here t-than in a house w-with a ch-cheater."

"A cheater?" He asks sounding confused. "Abby I didn't-" 

But I've already hung up with him when he's about to say something. I guess I really should have seen this kind of thing coming. He isn't necessarily the kind of guy that I should have been messing around with in the first place. 

"Are you alright?" Oakland asks looking at me with a concerned look on his face. I look back at him and shake my head before standing up and walking towards he lake. I motion for him to follow me and jump in.

.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.

Scott's P.O.V

"What do you mean she's not there?" Anna asks me tiredly as I pace back and forth in the room that Abby is supposed to be sleeping in. I had decided to call her after attempting to call Abby several times after Abby had hung up on me earlier. It's probably been about an hour since I've been able to get in contact with Abby.

"I mean she's not here!" I whisper shout loudly as that my parents can't hear me. "I think she ran off with that Oakland guy, she's pissed at me and isn't answering my calls anymore."

"Why is she pissed at you?"

"That is beside the point," I huff as I run a hand through my hair before yawing tiredly. I'm so tired of all this shit, now I'm searching for my girlfriend and my best friend? Well, that's just not fair. "She shouldn't be out on her own."

"I thought you said she was with Oakland."

"She is but-"

"Problem solved," Anna says happily. "She's no longer out there on her own."

"Aren't you worried about her at all?" I growl at her. 

"Listen," she says calmly. "You and I both know Abby is smart. I trust her to not get into a black van with a stranger that she doesn't know."

"But what if she has another one of her episodes," I say. "Oakland wouldn't even know what to do."

"Babe who are you talking to?" I hear another voice coming from Anna's side of the line and immediately recognize it as my brother's. 

"I'm talking to Scott," she answers tiredly. "Apparently my sister escaped her little prison cell."

"Ooooh I wanna talk," I hear a bunch of shuffling from the other end of the line and a small squeal. I frown and I'm about to hang up when someone finally says something. 

"Baby brother!" My elder brother shouts into the phone incredibly loudly. 

"What're you doing with Anna?" I ask wondering when my brother had escaped that house. It seems as though everyone is just slipping out from my grasp.

"Being naked," he says and I hear a loud smacking sound and a groan. "Ouch, calm down Ann. It's not like he hasn't already figured it out."

Suddenly there's a loud knock at my front door and I groan as I begin walking down the many stairs. Who would even be here this early in the morning? The knocking continues at Falon blabbers on about something in my ear.

"Listen Falon I have to-" I begin to say as I open the door but as soon as I open the door I nearly drop my phone. Standing at my door is a soaked Abby and Oakland, well they're actually more-so leaning against it like at any moment one of them may collapse.

Is that alcohol I smell?

.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.

Hey guys, sorry it's so short I'm just super tired. All of last week consisted of going to bed at 12:30, laying on a super hard floor in our church, waking up at 5:00, going on and serving the community, then doing it all over again. Missions trips are not easy people, and they are super tiring. So sorry, if this chapter seems a little rushed and all over the place but at least I updated right? Anyways what do you guys think is up with Scott and Abby? Scott and Oakland? Anna and Falon? Hope you enjoyed, love you all!!

Instagram: lil_chocolate_donut

Snapchat: momo36235

Vote

Comment

Follow

Fan