Jinx (Fred X Reader) Original Writer: Supernova750

Original Writer: Supernova750 on DeviantArt

"[F/n], Fred wants you to come down!"
You looked up as Angelina hopped into the dorm you shared with the other Gryffindor girls in your year.
"Did he say what he wanted?" you asked as you shut your book and capped your open bottle of ink. "Because I don't have time for pranking anyone tonight, I've got a potions essay that I need to finish or else Snape is going to skin me."
Angelina smirked as she flopped down on her own bed, pulling out her own books and spreading them haphazardly across her mattress, "I have been sworn to secrecy." At your scowl, she just laughed, "Fine. I can honestly assure you that it has nothing to do with pranking anyone. Now just go on down! He's your boyfriend for Merlin's sake!"
You rolled your eyes, lobbing a pillow which she dodged easily as you left the room, trotting down the stairs to the common room. You turned the corner, fully prepared to find Fred waiting for you to help him beguile first-years into participating in his experiments or wanting to try out a new brand of fireworks he and his brother had whipped up.
What you weren't expecting to see was Fred standing in front of you with one of the largest grins you had ever seen and, of all things, a wriggling puppy in his arms. The scruffy, golden-furred creature had a bowtie around its neck and a single, fresh rose clamped between its sharp little teeth.
You stood still in shock as Fred trotted over, struggling to keep his hold on the puppy, who squirmed around like an eel. "Hey [f/n]," he grinned widely, kissing you on the cheek, "Like my surprise?"
Finally finding your tongue as you petted the puppy, a smile spreading across your face, "Oh Merlin yes. Where did you even find him Fred?"
"I have my ways." Fred replied, attempting to appear mysterious.
You raised an eyebrow doubtfully, scratching the puppy's ear.
"Fine. It's actually a her, by the way, and we found him in Hogsmeade during our last trip. One of the family pets had had puppies and this little girl needed a home." Fred gave in, taking the rose from the puppy's mouth and handing it to you. You took it and led him over to a corner of the room, pulling the fluffy animal onto your lap as you sat down.
"Fred, she's utterly precious. What's her name?" you inquired as you stroked the wriggling creature.
"She doesn't have one yet." Fred answered with a lopsided smile, "George and I agreed that you could choose it."
"Me? Really?" you practically beamed at your boyfriend as you turned to the puppy, who was licking your hand gently.
"Really."
You gazed at the animal curiously, going through a mental list of names.
Elisha? Too female.
Sam? Too male.
Jane? Too plain.
Rose? Cute, but no.
McGonagall? Oh, never ever.
Nova? Possibly.
"Jinx."
Fred grinned, "Couldn't have done better myself."
"You don't believe that."
"You're right, I don't," he laughed, "Still, it's a great name. Very fitting. Jinx it is."
"Hey there Jinx," you cooed softly, a wide smile stretching your lips. Fred absolutely adored that smile. It was a thing of beauty when you smiled, shining and bright and wonderful. He loved making you smile and was willing to go to great lengths to do so.
His hand found yours and he squeezed your fingers to get your attention. When you turned, he leaned in and kissed you softly, his free hand coming up to stroke your cheek and neck.
The kiss probably would've continued if a warm, wet tongue hadn't interrupted you by licking your chin. You squeaked in surprise and Fred sent Jinx a dirty look.
"Traitor," he muttered under his breath, making you laugh as you kissed him again.