Imagine You And Fred Going For Your First Ultrasound

Start from the beginning

'I know' you smiled 'I am nervous too. But in a good way'

'In the best way' he leaned down to peck your lips before the blue doors in front of you opened and nurse called your name. 'Guess it's time' he said taking a deep breath before following you inside the room.

'Mrs and Mr Weasley?' the doctor turned in her chair looking in her papers. 'My name is Helen Jackson and I will be your ultrasonographer during your pregnancy'

'Hello' you smiled and shook her hand before looking at Fred when he didn't do the same thing.

He was looking around the room at various devices, his mouth slightly ajar and eyes wide.

You lightly poked his arm waking him up of his trance. He blinked quickly before shaking doctor's hand. 'I'm sorry...hello'

The doctor only laughed 'First time parents?'

'Is it that obvious?' you asked taking off your coat.

'Pretty much. But don't worry dear everything will be fine. Sit down here and raise your shirt' you did as you were told motioning Fred chair next to you. He sat and immediately took your hand in his.

When the doctor turned to prepare gel he leaned down 'I don't like it' he whispered.

'What?' you asked looking at him like he had two heads.

'It looks weird Y/N. Slightly dangerous. I mean...' he combed his fingers through his hair - a habit you learned meant he was very nervous. You haven't seen him this nervous since the night he had proposed to you.

'Okay calm down and trust me. It is alright baby. You'll see' you put your free hand on his cheek and after a second he turned his head and kissed it before nodding.

'It will be cold' the doctor smiled and poured gel on your belly smearing it around 'It's been almost four months so we might be able to know the gender if you want to' you looked at Fred to see if he had changed his mind. You had talked about it before and you knew his answer but wanted to be sure. But he only smiled slightly and softly shook his head.

'No we will wait a little bit longer' you said.

'All right. So if you look at the monitor you can see your little one' she said turning the monitor in your direction. 'Here is the head and here is the rest' she smiled pointing at it 'And now' she pushed some buttons and the room was filled with steady beating 'You can hear its heart'

You gasped before turning speechless. There it was. It had been growing in you and you finally got a chance to see it. Tiny head and body and even though it was blurred you saw it. You heard the strong heart. It was your baby.

You felt the grip on your hand tightens and you looked at your husband. He stared at the monitor without blinking, completely focused.

'Our baby' you whispered and laughed when you felt wetness on your cheeks. Fred looked at you and you notice that his eyes were also glazed. He swallowed hard before repeating your words. The next thing he did was to lean down and kiss you hard not caring about the doctor. You kiss was stopped by laughter escaping both your mouth. You and Fred looked at the monitor once again before you felt Fred's lips on your forehead 'Thank you. I love you' he whispered.

'I love you too so much' you smiled.

'It's growing strong.I believe you want to take the sonogram home' the doctor said smiling at you when you both nodded quickly. 'It'll be ready in a minute' she added finishing with ultrasound and giving you towel to remove gel from your stomach.