ch 13

ch 13

"Katherine?" Calum whispered, playing with my hair. 

We were inside the house by the fireplace warming up because it got kind of cold at night. How I Met Your Mother was playing softly in the background and we were on the couch, kind of cuddling but also kind of not. 

"Hm?" I asked. 

"I don't want to hold you back," he said softly, staring straight ahead. 

"Well how are you holding back?" I furrowed my eyebrows, confused at what he meant. 

He shrugged, "I don't know, it's just we're getting married when we're not in love because of me and my stupid problems. It's like I'm holding you back from finding true love with some other guy."

"If there is a guy that I'm involved with when we're married, I will tell you. And maybe then you would have found someone you like, too. And then we'll divorce."

"You make it sound so easy," He scoffed.

"You make it sound so hard."

I spotted a guitar next to the fireplace and pointed at it.

"Didn't you used to play the guitar?" I asked. 

"Still do. I also play the bass," He nodded. 

"I didn't know you were a bassist," I said, pulling out my phone, "I gotta change something hold on."

I scrolled through my contacts and found Calum. I pressed the edit button and edited his name to baesist

Calum leaned over my shoulder to see what was going on and laughed, "You're impossible."

"Okay, baesist, text me something cute, something vsco worthy," I grinned. 

He smirked and whipped out his phone, typing on it. 

From: baesist

Baby I can make that pussy rain, often

Often, often, girl I do this often

Make that pussy poppin', do it how I want it

Often, often, girl I do this often

Make that pussy poppin', do it how I want it

"Calum you're disgusting," I groaned as I saw The Weeknd lyrics show up on my phone. 

"You said to text you something vsco worthy! That's vsco worthy!" he protested.

"I was expecting the sweet and sappy shit." I laughed.

"Never will I ever be caught texting sweet and sappy shit." He refused.

"But we have to."

He ignored me and got up. Calum walked over next to the fire place and picked up his guitar.

"Okay, since we're getting married and I've never even serenaded you once, we're going to change that. Every girl of mine deserves to be serenaded," He said sweetly, "I hope you don't find my singing too bad."

I'm sure he wasn't bad. I mean, he's Calum. He's good at everything he does although I would never admit it. 

Calum pulled up a chair and sat across from me, tuning the guitar before strumming into the tune of "Til Kingdom Come" by Coldplay. 

"Steal my heart and hold my tongue. I feel my time, my time has come. Let me in, unlock the door. I've never felt this way before."

My jaw dropped in shock. I didn't know he could sing well. His voice was beautiful.

"The wheels just keep on turning, the drummer begins to drum, I don't know which way I'm going, I don't know which way I've come."

I just saw there in awe, admiring the boy in front of me.

"Hold my head inside your hands, I need someone who understands. I need someone, someone who hears, for you, I've waited all these years."

Where was this side of Calum hiding all my life? The musical side, the non fuckboy side. Unfortunately, the song was coming to an end. 

 "For you, I'd wait 'til kingdom come, until my days, my days are done. Say you'll come and set me free, just say you'll wait, you'll wait for me. Just say you'll wait, you'll wait for me. Just say you'll wait, you'll wait for me."

I've never felt more attracted to Calum Hood than I do in this moment. He was wearing a white tank top that really let his biceps breathe freely. His hair was a messed up, but in a cute way. A really cute way.

"So did you hate it?" Calum asked, setting his guitar down carefully and plopping back on the couch next to me. 

"Are you kidding me? That was great! I never knew you could sing like that " I said, still in awe.

He sighed in relief, "You are the only person that I would be that nervous for your judgement. You were being quiet and you have a natural resting bitch face so I thought you hated it the whole time."

"Stop it, you're amazing. You should start a singing career," I suggested. 

"Yeah, my parents would love that. They shot down my soccer career hard."

"Who cares what they think? You're twenty one, it's your life, not theirs. You could be a prince part time and a singer or soccer player part time."

It sounded really naive but fuck it. I knew that we were born into our jobs but that can't stop us from doing what we love. His sister practically threw away all the royalty to pursue her singing and modeling career, leaving her only sibling Calum, the next heir. 

"You would've made a great inspirational speaker if you weren't already a princess, did you know that?" he said and I realized that we were both slowly scooting closer to each other for warmth. Yeah, for warmth

"Katherine, I'm going to ask you a question, and it might make things awkward, but I'm going to go for it," Calum said carefully, looking kind of nervous.

"Um, okay," I said, trying to figure out what this bitch was trying to pull. 

"Can I kiss you?" he whispered, his face slowly getting closer to mine.

Oh, fuck yes. 

"Hell yeah. Go big or go home, bitch," I said and before I knew it our lips were touching. 

"I don't kiss on the first date so you're lucky as fuck," I joked when we pulled away and he rolled his eyes.

And of course, Calum responded with someone totally irrelevant to the situation.

"I'm sorry, but did you mean carb the fuck up?"

this was shit sorry guys I'm so bad at describing intimate scenes ugh