{ch 10}

ch 10

"Calum, wake up," Luke said, knocking on Cal's door, "You have the meeting."

Calum groaned beside me and I turned away from him, pulling the blanket higher and I knew I was hogging the whole blanket.

"Katherine," Calum whined, "I'm cold."

Then Luke came in, looking down at his phone, "Calum the meeting is in an hour, okay?"

"Shit shit shit," I whispered, ducking under the covers.

"Luke, get out," Calum said, sounding more awake.

"Why? Wait, is there a girl in your bed? Don't tell me it's another stripper," Luke said before he was hit in the face with a pillow by Calum.

I sighed in defeat, knowing that we couldn't keep this a secret from Luke for a long time. I got up from under the covers and grinned sheepishly, "Hey! What's up, Luke?"

"What the fuck?" Luke said, almost fainting.

I looked over at Calum and we both said at the same time, "We're getting married!"

Luke's face just went blank and he literally fell down on the ground.

"Seriously bitch, and you call yourself the commander in chief you weak ass boy," Calum mumbled, reluctantly getting up to help the blonde boy on the floor. I got up after him and walked slowly to my best friend.

"Luke? Are you all right?" I said, shaking him a little bit and he just groaned, "I cannot believe that my best friend who is five years younger than me is getting married before me. I have to step up my game goddamn."

Calum rolled his eyes and winked at me, "I would've totally married you, but she's just hotter than you and knows all the words to Bonfire by Childish Gambino."

"Luke, it is for political reasons," I explained.

"Oh, so are you the next Hillary Clinton?" he sassed.

"No, my goal is to be the next Bernie but good try!"

Luke rolled his eyes for my love of Bernie Sanders but said, "So tell me about these political reasons as to why you guys are getting married. You guys know that you can't date or marry because you're both Royals of this country, right?"

"We can just get one of our cousins or maybe you even to fill in the spot for the Hood family when we get married," Calum shrugged.

"Luke, you would make a great prince. Better than any of us," I pointed out.

"I know I'm better than all of you," He said jokingly, getting off the floor and brushing the nonexistent dirt off of his pants, "But you still didn't tell me the whole story."

Calum told the whole story to Luke but shortened it a bit and Luke looked like he understood.

"That's actually not a bad plan. But Katherine are you sure? Marrying this fuckboy?" Luke asked, "You know how the royals feel about divorce."

"Yeah, I guess. It's not like I'm going to be restricted to do anything that I already do now. At least our babies will be hot."

"Coming from your genes I assume?" Luke joked, looking at me while Calum punched him playfully, "Fuck you, man."

"Will you please back us up with this marriage thing and tell us what to do? We're not very good with legal things," Calum asked.

"Well first, Katherine needs to be eighteen. Which she isn't," Luke retorted, "And you guys are going to need some promo to get the public's attention and support. You're going to need as much support as you can get to survive through your parents when they find out about this. Getting support means you have to be the cliche cute couple. You're going to need to fucking pretend to love each other like your lives depended on it which it probably will because Katherine's dad will kill Calum once he finds out. You also need to have a replacement in mind for Calum when he joins the Klein family. Finally, be prepared for a lot of hate, you guys are going to need each other."

How the hell did Luke knew all of this? Actually, I don't care I'm just grateful for the advice. But damn that was a lot of stuff to keep in mind.

"You guys still want to do this?" He asked, looking at me.

I turned to Calum and he looked at me, "It's honestly up to you, Katherine."

I thought about it quickly and contrary to belief, I wasn't an impulsive person and that's why I stayed up the whole night thinking about this. Before I fell asleep last night, I knew that I wanted to do this. For Calum.

"Yes. We're going to get married," I said, my hand finding Calum's, interlocking with it.

"Okay, I will leave you to getting ready for the meeting even though I know you guys are going to wear sweatpants anyways," Luke said, "Kat, come walk with me."

I followed my best friend out the door.

"Okay, what's on your mind, Lucas?" I asked, knowing that he wasn't saying everything that he was really thinking.

"I don't know, this is all just really overwhelming. I just can't believe you're getting married, you are seventeen for fuck's sakes," He said very quietly so no one would hear.

"I'm not impulsive, you know that. I've already thought this out," I said as we walked into my room and shut the door.

"Yeah but don't you think that this whole marriage thing will take an emotional toll on you? Pretending to love someone you don't? Katherine I'm not sure about this..." He said, shaking his head.

"You worry too much about me," I said calmly, sitting next to him on my bed and swinging an arm over his shoulder.

"Yeah, that's my job as your best friend and commander in chief," he said pretending to act all exhausted, "But as your best friend right now, I just want you to be happy."

"You know that I love you, right?" I grinned. We both were leaning our heads on top of each others'.

"Yeah."

"Say it back, you bitch," I said, pretending to sound offended.

"I guess I love you, too," he smiled, "Now let's go down to the meeting, yeah?"

I groaned once more, expressing my hatred for these meetings and we both walked to the elevator together meeting Calum and Michael.