Chapter 18

CHAPTER 18

Car's POV

"Mel?" I asked to be sure. She didn’t reply. "Mel, are you okay? What were you doing up there?" I felt like I already knew part of it.

It was confirmed when there was more thudding noise from the vent and a head appeared in the opening from which Mel had fallen. This head belonged to Adam.

"I’ll tell you." He said merrily completely overlooking the fact that he was in such an odd position.

I shook my head with disapproval and disbelief as both Adam and Rick had pulled out their cell phones. They were photographing the duo sprawled on the floor. Mel and Ryan were oblivious to everyone else. They seemed to be lost in their own paradise. Ryan was flat on the ground and Mel was on top of him. She was clutching on to the lapel of Ryan’s blazer. He was holding her sides. And they simply stared at each other with a ghost of a smile on their faces.

Adam was capturing the top view of them and Rick the side view.

"I’m soo glad this happened." Rick said as he tapped his screen furiously.

I couldn’t help myself from smiling looking at all the jokers in front of me and also the one above me. Ah! The world would be so dull without them.

When Rick had enough pictures he put his fore finger and thumb in his mouth and whistled. Both Mel and Ryan turned to Rick as if he had broken a spell and they blushed. Mel pushed on Ryan’s chest and got up. She held out a hand to help Ryan onto his feet. He took it but he used his other hand to push on the floor and he helped himself up.

"Hello, I’m Mellissa Gunn. I’m sorry about that." She introduced herself before she apologized.

"I’m Ryan Stein and don’t worry about that. I’m just happy I caught a falling angel." Ryan had Mel with that one line. And Mel had Ryan the moment she fell.

"Cool one liner bro." Rick teased. "But I’m sure you didn’t catch her. It looked like you fell along with her."

Ryan blushed when Mel defended him, "Whatever Rick, Ryan is my hero."

"Right Mel, forgive my curiosity. But I just want to know the circumstances that led you to land on your hero." I teased as she blushed and widened her eyes at me.

Adam had slid over and jumped. He landed with a thump. He lost his balance staggered and spread out his hands to steady himself. He now stood erect in his rumpled clothes. He looked a mess. Where as Mel was as gorgeous as she was when we had left the apartment.

Adam greeted Rick, "Hi Rick." Then he greeted Ryan and introduced himself. "Hello Ryan, I'm Adam Poole."

Rick said, "Hi Adam." And Ryan said "hello Adam." Ryan and Adam shook hands, both Rick and I noticed that Mel's and Ryan's hands were linked and we shared a secret smile.

Ryan suggested to all. "Come on lets get ourselves some tequilas."  The rest of us nodded our agreement. All of us headed to the bar where Rick ordered. Ryan and Mel were chatting in whispers. It looked like they were flirting. Mel was giggling and twirling her hair between her fingers as she put a hand on Ryan's chest. Rick and I sat next to each other on the tall three legged bar stools. Adam sat on my other side. Ryan was sitting on Adam's other side as Mel stood beside him.

Each of us had four shots. Sucking salt and lemon after each. Rick put a hand on my knee. When I gave him my attention he gestured to the new smitten couple and winked. I nodded in agreement.

"So Mr Hero, weren't you on your way to relieve your bladder?" Rick asked smirking. As I tried very hard to withhold my laughter.

It was Ryan's turn to glower at Rick. "My bladder capacity just increased all of a sudden." Ryan forced the words from between his teeth. He flushed as he looked at Mel's raised eyebrow.