Chapter 13

CHAPTER 13

Rick's POV

        Ever since Ry had waltzed in to my room today morning my mind was filled with thoughts of Car and her daughter. The previous week I had thought of Car but now both the mother and daughter were in the fore front of my thoughts. I was hitting on Car from the moment I met her but she persistently turned a blind eye to me. This was a record breaker to me as no woman has never turned me down. At that time I thought she was just playing hard to get or just that she might want to keep it professional for the time being. I was annoyed that she was thinking too much but now I realized that she was thinking for two people. Herself and her daughter.

         Something strong possessed me, what it was that possessed me I couldn't quite place a finger on it. But I was going to show her that I was good enough for both of them. Hell, I was the best for both of them. I had prepared to be a father long ago. When Jessica had faked her pregnancy and almost tricked me into marrying her, I had bought about fifty books on parenting. Read twenty of them and also attended parenting classes. I was ready to show Carmen Swan that I was!!! What exactly did I want to show Car? That I didn't know, but I would show something for sure.

        Well Carmen aside, the Lincoln green, woollen leggings I was wearing was starting to bother me with an itch. As to why I'm wearing green leggings is a long story. Today is October 31st and I had promised Ry that I would accompany him to some lame ass Halloween party he had to attend because his grandma didn't want him to offend her friend's granddaughter. Honestly I think his grandma was trying to set him up with her friend's granddaughter, but this dimwit seemed oblivious to his grandmother's plan. And I didn't want to spoil the surprise for him, after all Ry did love magical love.

       When I was drowning myself in thoughts of Car, Ry had dragged me to the costume store which was not a good thing for me. As I had picked the costume of Robin Hood - The outlaw. I wanted to pick something macho but here I was wearing leggings that fit me like second skin. I saw a few girls eyeing my ripping thigh muscles. A blush had crept on their faces when they saw that I had caught them in the act of staring. Well it was at least 'make few girls blush' macho. The shirt that came along with the costume was a different green from the leggings. A red cape, quiver of arrows slung across my back and a feathered hat were all a part of this costume. Oh yeah and the sword which was at my hip, how could I forget about it? I was taking special care to avoid tripping on it as I walked. That was the least I could do to stop people mistaking me for a clown.

        Speaking of clowns, Ry was wearing his underwear out. As he was dressed as batman. Well I guess everyone had to look like clowns on Halloween. But right now as Ry walked to the boat house all I could think of was pulling an arrow out of my quiver and shoving it up Ry's ass for letting me pick this itchy costume.

        I stomped after Ry sulking. I didn't want to be here. I just wanted to be in my room staring at my screen and look at Car play with her daughter. Car and her daughter had jumped on her bed, hitting each other with pillows and cushions. Car had let her daughter try on some makeup and her high heels and then they had disappeared for a while, probably for lunch. They had reappeared with Mel, all three of them had sat on the bed chatting for a while before they all decided to have an afternoon nap. All of them on Car's bed had an ethereal smile plastered on their faces as the napped.

        "Rick?" A familiar voice called out.

        I turned just in time to see an Egyptian goddess. She was completely covered in gold, she even had a serpentine figurine tiara. Her eyes had thick mascara and her lips were a blood red. Her hair was straight and black as coal. But I was accustomed to matching this voice with blonde bold curls.