Chapter 10

CHAPTER 10

Rick’s POV

            I could not take my eyes off of her. I had dreamt about her the whole night. She kept running into dark alleys and I kept chasing her, more like following her in a daze and when she was at an arm’s length from me, when I could almost draw her in to my arms, Ry had called me even in my dream. But in my dream I had not answered the call and I had somehow appeared in Car’s bedroom. She was on the bed in her bath robe and smiled a sexy smile when I inched closer to her she had reached out for me and had placed a hand on my chest. A spark generated where she had touched me and the next thing I know I was back in the alley again and she had a silver lightning bolt in her hand, she kept jabbing it at me as if to smite me with it. I had spent the whole night getting electric shocks. No wonder my hair was so messed up.

Aaaaaaah what a romantic dream!!!

Now she was standing in front of me as real and bright as day and I wasn’t able to decide if I had had a dream or a nightmare. She was wearing a short sleeved beige number with a plunging neckline. A gold colored belt which was about two inches wide fit snugly above her waist. She wore no jewelry except for her pyramid shaped gold studded earrings and her wrist watch. There was no trace of makeup on her face save for her richly glossed lips.

Her lips were slightly parted and her eyes were as wide as saucers.

“Ahem,” Mel cleared her throat purposefully. “I’ll just get on with my work now and let you two get on with yours.”

She got off the desk and sauntered to the door. She did grace me with a suggestive smile before she got out the door.

“Um…… help yourself to a chair Rick.” Car said after a short not so awkward silence. I watched her walk to Bob’s chair on the other side of the desk and couldn’t help noticing the sway of her hips. She looked sure of herself as she sat on Bob’s chair. I sat across from her and asked “So where do we begin?”

She reached for a file on the desk and flipped to a particular page and held it for me to see.

“Here” she said as she pointed to a highlighted line on the page, “Bob has already spoken to your finance executives with this proposal and they are okay with it except for a few changes…………………………………………………..”

She launched into a detail of everything and did not leave out anything. She said their service was the best by some survey conducted by a magazine. She said their company was reasonable with prices. She spoke of profits to their company and mine. She spoke numbers and showed figures. She kept thrusting file after file my way and kept talking. All this was fine but it was not my cup of coffee. Management and decisions were Al’s thing not mine. Yet here I was because my dad thought I should know how to run a company if I owned half of it.

This was either some kind of a test he had planned for me or he wanted to make a joke of my management skills. And force me to train with Al so that I could be as responsible as Al. Well the joke was on him as I was having the time of my life.

My undivided attention was on Car but not on what she said. I heard only bits and pieces of what she was saying but my mind was painting a scenario of what Mel had said before I entered the office. I had heard her tease Car and I could barely take my mind of that.

I watched each and every move she made. The way she moved her mouth to form the words, the way she pointed with the pen when she was trying to get a point across, the way she nodded in response to what little I spoke, the way she kept intertwining and un-intertwining her fingers, the way she pressed herself against the desk when she was trying to thrust files my way. All I wanted to do was what Mel said.