Chapter 52: Love...Or Death [Part 1

Author's Notes:

Hi, The Demigods is now ONGOING!!!! So, just sit down. Chanyeol's life-wrecking question to Jeri in the multimedia section.

..............................................................................................................................

Chanyeol was just, there, bed-ridden. He gave Jeri a serious glance but Jeri can't help but feel pity for him. She realized that hurting him led him to this. Now it's her fault....it hurts. It just hurts.

"So...what do you wanna talk about?" Chanyeol finally broke the silence. Jeri took in a deep breath. "You should've told me you were dying. Now take a look, you're here in this position." Jeri said with worry.

Chanyeol understands her, yes, he should've told her. But he can't. "I'm sorry, Jeri. I just can't handle seeing you." He said and tears started to flow out. Jeri was shocked and quickly wiped the tears off his eyes.

"Channie...don't cry, come on." Jeri begged while cupping Chanyeol's cheeks. Chanyeol looked straight into Jeri's eyes and continued crying. "Looking at your eyes is just enough." Chanyeol said, leaving Jeri confused.

"What are you talking about?" Jeri asked him.

(A/N: Read the question in the multimedia section. That's what Chanyeol asked her)

Jeri's eyes widened. It's like a thousand knives stabbed her body. She couldn't believe Chanyeol's question. Jeri slapped him unintentionally. "WHAT THE FUCK ARE YOU THINKING?! DIDN'T YOU EVEN THINK ABOUT THE PEOPLE AROUND YOU?! DON'T YOU EVEN CARE WHAT WOULD THEY FEEL, EVEN WHAT I FEEL?!" Jeri yelled.

Jeri covered her mouth. She didn't mean to yell at Chanyeol, she just...let her feelings out. Chanyeol looked at her and frowned. "I would rather die than live. Even though that means losing my friends." Chanyeol said and got up from the bed.

Chanyeol can walk properly now, and he doesn't know why. Jeri looked at him in sadness and covered her face. She broke down and cried, realizing what she has done. And it was all her fault. She ruined her friendship with Chanyeol, she ruined everything.

He approached her and removed her hands from covering her face. He finally looked at Jeri, whose eyes are puffy from crying. "J-J-J-Jeri, we can work this out." Chanyeol tried to motivate her, but she still refused.

"Chanyeol, please, no." A beg came out of Jeri's mouth.