Chapter 47: The Smile That I Loved...Until Now

• Dedicated to Denisse Gonzales

Author's Notes:

Baby Don't Cry by EXO in the multimedia. I dedicate this to Denisse Gonzales, my other Exotic friend and I hope she will like this. :)
…………………………………………………………

Jeri opened the door and saw a bed-ridden Chanyeol. He looked at her rudely, but Jeri knows he's just faking.

"He really wanted to see you. But he needs to act mean and all "bad boy" to you."  Hyeri said and Jeri pouted. "Why is he being like this?" Jeri asked. "You have to ask that question to Chanyeol himself." Hyeri said and Jeri nodded.

"I know you're doing it for a reason. It's too obvious y'know." Jeri said and sat down on the side of the bed. Chanyeol just sighed. "Let me guess....Hyeri told you." Chan said and Jeri nodded. Jeri started to cry.

"You didn't know....how worried...I was...about you." Jeri sobbed and cried harder. Now Chanyeol was starting to get mad at himself. Stupid Park Chanyeol. You're so stupid, so stupid to hurt someone special like Jeri. Chanyeol said mentally to himself.

"Sorry for pushing you the other day." Chan apologized. Jeri looked at him and smiled. "You always smiled. No matter how hard it is, you always smiled. For everyone around you. You're always the reason why I managed to smile." Jeri sobbed. But she added some words. "But I've always missed the smile that I saw when I first met you, when we were friends already. I just don't know how to bring the old Chanyeol that I missed and loved. And the one I still love." Jeri said.

Chanyeol felt like crying, but instead, he smiled. "Here, I'm smiling." Chanyeol said and Jeri shook her head. "You're only doing it for someone to be happy. Do it for yourself, and not for me." Jeri said and went out of the door.

Chanyeol's heart slowly went to a normal beat. But it's still weak, and he doesn't know why. Chanyeol got up from his bed and ran out of the room.

"Jeri, Jeri." He called. But after a few steps, his heart started to beat weakly. He tried to walk faster, but his heart can't take all the energy. He collapsed and lost consciousness.

When Jeri heard a loud bang on the floor, she knew it was Chanyeol. She ran to the hallway and saw Chanyeol. She dashed and carried him back to the room.'

Author-nim