Chapter 18: Hold Tight

BAILEY'S P.O.V.

I sat there as Justin recorded. He went over the lyrics over anand over again. "There's Nothing Like Us. Nothing like you and me." I shivered. I didn't know what it was. I knew I wasn't going to let these songs get to me, but they kind of were. I shook it off. But hearing those lyrics over and over again with the thought of him and Selena just shook me up. Not because the fact that they dated, but because she was Selena Gomez. She was beautiful. And a celebrity. She could sing. Everything was pperfect and so was she. How could Justin think that dating me would be even remotely close to being as good as her? I was not as good as her. I don't know how I ever thought Justin picked me. But she was perfect and I wasn't, and I couldn't change that. Finally, after what seemed like forever, he finished recording Nothing Like Us. He ran out of the recording studio after ttaking a drink of water and ran towards me. He hugged me when he got done and I smiled. "Great job, babe." He smiled brightly and kissed me once gently. "Thank you, goregous." I looked away. "Hey, babe. Those songs didn't get to you right? I promise I love you and those songs just had to be recorded for the album. I wrote them a while ago." He looked at me with truthful eyes. I nodded, but i couldn't help a tear from springing to my eye. Crap. I didn't want him to see me like this. "Babe, tell me what's wrong." He said as he grabbed my hand and led me over to the couch. "Tell me." I sighed and nodded. "Justin, why did you pick me? Selena is literally perfect. And you can get her back anytime you want. All you have to do is give her a call. Why did you pick me? I'm not as pretty as her, I'm not famous, I don't have this amazing life. The only thing amazing about it is you. And I am SO scared to lose that." He leaned closer and wiped a tear from my cheek, leaving his hand there. "You think that I would ever leave you for any of those reasons?" I didn't respond. "I don't care if you're not famous. Or have an amazing life. That's why I'm here, because I want to make your life amazing. And don't ever say you're not pretty because you're the most goregous girl I've ever seen, honestly. To me you're perfect."

I sniffled and shook my head. "I just don't understand. my life is so complicated, why would you want to be a part of that?" he shook his head and kissed me once. "Because I love you." I smiled and leaned into him, hugging him tightly. I didn't know how he had picked me or how we had ended up together, but I loved him. And he was the best thing that had ever happened to me. He looked at me again. "Lets be done for today baby. Lets go home." i nodded as he grabbed my hand and walked me out the door and to his car.

we began driving with a light mood filling the air. The thing that bothered me most about the songs was that he meant all the words he said. it sounds horrible that I could be that jealous, but he was actually heartbroken. I just had to ask this question.

"Justin?" I asked, trying just to sound curious. "Yeah, baby?" he replied. "Was...uh...selena your first love?" I asked. He sighed. "I dont really like to get into this with people, but yeah I guess. It hurt when we broke up." I tried to ignore it. Ignore it. Ignore. I kept thinking to myself. but I couldnt. After a mints of silence, he continued. "But want to know something?" He asked while turning the steering wheel to the left, and I didn't know where we were headed. "Sure." I tried to say casually. "The minute I saw you, my whole world rearranged. After selena and I broke up, I was done with girls. I was all for the music and that's it. I barely had time for my friends anymore. And the second you walked in my door with Ryan, I just didn't know what to do. You made me feel like eeverything else in the world wasn't important. I just had to have you and everything would be okay. And I didn't even know you. When we got together,you changed my life." I sighed, closing my eyes. "Justin, you change my life everyday." I said truthfully. I had to continue. He smiled. "Nothing was working for me. I knew Ryan and I were falling apart, but I just kept it there because I needed to distract myself. Nothing else made me happy. And guess what? The second I walked through your door, I fell in love with you, too. And that's a beautiful thing because I never thought I could love anyone. Especially not this much." Suddenly, he got the most adorable smile on his face. "So maybe you weren't my first 'love'" he said with air quotations. He stopped the car in front of his house and leaned closer to me to whisper. "But ive never loved anyone how I love you." He stepped out of the car, sending shivers down my spine. He walked over to open my door and I blushed as he grabbed my hand and walked me quietly to the door with him. "Wanna do something fun?" He asked with a smile as he opened the door. I nodded. "Where's your mom?" I asked as he led me to the kitchen. "another here. She had to meet with my stylistic Carin to pick out my wardrobe for the tour." He said casually. I smiled and he started pulling things out of the cupboards. A bowl, a giant spoon, cupcake mix, brownie mix, cake mix, cookie mix, icing, whipped cream, sprinkles, etc. "Justin, what are you doing?" He turned around after pulling out all of the stuff. "Let's make some food." I giggled and stood up to help him. He started opening boxes of mix and putting them into different bowls. I got out eggs and milk, which was needed for all of the food. I cracked 2 eggs in each bowl and he began to mix them one by one. Once they were all mixed up, we began pouring them onto pans and put the brownies in the oven to bake first. But as he turned around with his back to me, I took a huge bite of cookie dough and shoved it in my mouth.