Chapter 8: falling.

I woke up with a smile on my face. I got to see Justin today. Honestly, I knew yesterday had been a bad day at first, but Justin really did make it all better. Ryan had never been that good to me, and Justin was better to me in one day. I woke up to a text from Justin. "Good morning beautiful xx. " I smiled and quickly opened up a reply. "Hi, Justin.(:" I sent it and examined myself in the mirror. My hair was very messy. I did just roll out of bed, though. I recieved a reply text just then. "What time are we meeting up goregous?" I blushed and replied. "An hour?" I sent it and walked into the bathroom to begin getting ready. It was about 9:46 a.m.
I first picked out an outfit from my closet. I grabbed a pair of pink shorts and a black shirt to go over it. It had LOVE on the front of it. I then went to do my hair. I brushed it out and it fell down my back in it's natural straight. I decided I had enough time to wave it. I plugged in the waver and applied a little makeup. Some foundation, blush, and mascara. I smiled after my makeup was done. It looked nice.
I felt the waver and it was just about heated. I clamped it on each chunk of hair and it fell down my back in beautiful beach waves. It looked really pretty. When I was done, I had about 10 minutes left. Justin had just texted me telling me he was on his way. I brushed my teeth quickly and ran downstairs.
I waited by the front door on my phone. My mom walked up. Here we go again. "Where are you going?"I ignored eye contact with her and stared at my blank phone screen. "With Justin." She laughed. "You dumped Ryan for him? Please." She said making a disgusted noise. "Ryan isn't half the man that Justin is. He treats me better in one day than Ryan ever did." She rolled her eyes. "Sure. Ryan was a man. Justin is some sweet innocent little boy. Ryan knows how to take control." I looked at her finally, standing up. "You think relationships are about taking control? Are you crazy?" Uh oh. Wrong thing to say. "I'm not crazy! Ryan was the perfect man for you! He could teach you a lesson!!" At this she started to charge at me. "Mom, stop!" I yelled. She had anger in her eyes. She ran towards me and I ripped open the door. Justin's car was sitting out front. Thank god.
I ran as she followed and I pulled open the front seat of Justin's car. "Please drive!" I yelled with tears running down my face. My mom stopped as Justin started driving away. I was away for now. But I would have to come home to it later.
"What happened? Are you okay?" He asked with concern taking over his face. I sniffled as the tears kept falling. How could she do this? Why couldn't she just be a normal mom? She couldn't just support me? She never did.
"Nothing Justin." I said, not wanting him to see my tears. When we drove far enough, he stopped the car. He lightly grabbed my chin and turned my face towards his. "Hey, come on goregous. You're too pretty to cry. Do you want to talk about it?" I didn't feel like I could. But honestly, it seemed like Justin would be trustworthy.
"It's just my mom." I couldn't tell him the whole thing. Not yet. He wouldn't ever like me. And I didn't want to risk that.
"What happened?" He said again. I sighed. "She told me I should be with Ryan because...." I took big breaths trying to breath, while tears still streamed down my face. "Because he could control me. And I told her you were better because you actually cared." I said, trying to wipe my tears away. I suddenly got self conscious. I pulled down the mirror above and looked. My makeup wasnt that smeared, but I didn't want to cry in front of him. Not again. "Look, Justin. I don't want you to see me cry again so you don't have to stay with me right now." He widened his eyes and stroked my cheek lightly. "Are you kidding? You need me more than ever right now. I'm not leaving your side." He managed to make me smile through the tears. "This is why I told her you were better." He smiled a little. "I would never...." I didn't know what he was trying to say. "Never what?" He sighed and looked at me. "I would never do what he did." I smiled and looked up at him, the tears finally stopping. "I know you wouldn't." He looked down, looking like he had something else to say. "You okay Justin?" He sighed and finally spit it out. "I just can't believe Ryan did that to you! I don't think he understands what he's giving up! You're just so....perfect and if he doesn't realize it than obviously he doesn't deserve you! Because I know for a fact I'm f...." He stopped. I wanted to know what he was going to say, but I didn't press him on it. "Ready for our date?" He said changing the subject, putting the car in drive. "Oh, so this is a date?" I said, wiggling my eyebrows. He laughed. "Only if you want it to be." I smiled and nodded as he continued to drive.
A few minutes later we arrived at a private park. It was enclosed in gates and it had a small gazebo and pond in the middle of the grass. It was adorable. "Aww! Justin this is so cute." I said with a smile. "You like it?" I nodded. I reached for the door handle when he stopped me. "Don't open your door." I stared at him. "Why?" He got out without answering my question and walked over to my side of the car. He opened my door. "Such a gentleman." I said in a playful voice. He grabbed something out of the car quickly and we walked over to the park.
He walked me over to the gazebo and opened the thing he had gotten out of the car. A basket. He pulled out a blanket from it and lay it on the ground of the gazebo. He then grabbed out some juice, grapes, apples, pineapple, pears, peaches, and watermelon. "This is so freaking adorable." I said as he stared at me with a smile.
"So are you." I laughed at the cheesy line and went back to the date. "How's you come up with this, Bieber?" He laughed. "Scooter actually helped me out. He's good at this kind of stuff." I smiled and popped a grape in my mouth. "Justin, catch." He nodded as I backed up a few steps with a grape in my hand. I tossed it lightly in the air and he caught it in his mouth with ease. "Wow, nice one!" I said, laughing. He laughed, too as he chewed the grape. "This is a nice place, Justin." He smiled. "I used to come here alot. It helps me think. It's just really quiet and peaceful. I love it here." He looked around in fascination. "It is really pretty." He winked at me and popped another grape in his mouth. "So, what are you going to do about Caitlin...? Sorry, you don't have to answer if you don't want." I said, rubbing the back of my neck nervously. "No, I don't mind. And I'm not going to do anything about it. What is there to do? She cheated. Life goes on. She showed me how she truly felt. Honestly, we wouldn't have lasted much longer." I shot him a confused look. "Why not?" I asked. He scooted closer. "Because I would have wanted to do this for too long." He whispered as he leaned in to kiss me once. This was so perfect. The kiss ended with us both smiling.
"Well, after that, how could I be with Ryan anymore either?" I said winking at him.
"I like being here with you." I said softly as I took in the scenery once more, eating a few bites of apple. "I like being here with you, too." I smiled. "Hey Justin?" He looked at me. "Yes?" I smiled at what I was about to say. "I don't think I got a chance to say thank you about the other night. When you sang to me, I mean. That is the sweetest thing anyone has ever done to me and really you didn't have to. You could have just let me be by myself. But you didn't." He looked at me with wide and confused eyes. "How could you think I would ever leave you by yourself? Why do you think like that?" I sighed, thinking about my answer. "Used to it." He turned away. "How could you get used to something like that." He said in more of a statement then a question.
"Justin, no one has ever really treated me right. My mom, my dad, Ryan , Caitlin. I don't really know if I have any real friends. That's why I say stuff like that. You have to build up a wall so no one can break it down again." I swallowed and looked up at him. "You have me." He stated. I nodded. "I know. And I'm sorry Justin. I'm sorry if I don't let you in right away. It's going to take time. But it will happen eventually. I trust you." Right before I could finish, he leaned in and kissed me. I kissed back, smiling in between. I loved this. He continued to kiss me as we sat there on the gazebo. After a little while, it ended. We both breathed again, and before I could say anything about it, he said some words that I had never expected to hear. "I'm falling for you."