Chapter 11: Follow me.

I woke up and it was the next morning. How was that possible ? I had fallen asleep in the middle of the day yesterday, how could I have possibly slept through the night, too?
I rolled over and looked at the clock. 6:43 a.m. I felt completely awake. I stood up and went to go get ready for school. I took off the clothes that I wore to bed last night and jumped in the bathroom for a quick shower. I let the warm water run over me as I washed my hair and body. When I was finished with that, I combed through my hair and ran into my closet to pick out some clothing. I grabbed out a pair of jean shorts, a black Starbucks labeled muscle shirt, and my white converse. I went to dry off my body as I put all of my clothes on.
Next I had to quickly do my hair. I combed through it again to make sure it was smooth. I let it dry as I put on a little bit of makeup. First the foundation, then my blush, my mascara, and my eyeliner. I decided that since I would be seeing Justin after school, I would put on a bit of light cream colored sparkly eyeshadow.
By the time I finished, my hair was dry. I parted it to the side like usual and grabbed my phone. Suddenly, I realized something. I didn't have a ride to school. Ryan usually picked me up, but we broke up.
I picked up my phone to see that Riley had already texted me. "I'll pick you up this morning girly.(:" I texted back and said okay.
I ran downstairs to check the time. 7:05. School started in ten minutes. I looked out the window to see that Riley was just pulling up.
I opened the door without saying a word to my mom and drove off to school with Riley.

    When we arrived at school, it was completely awkward. Caitlin and Ryan stood next to eachother and Riley stood next to me. Chaz stood beside Riley. I couldn't even make eye contact with anyone. I felt weak here. Finally, someone said something. Caitlin did. "Bailey can I just--" I put my hand up to stop her. I shut my eyes. "I don't want to talk to you. I don't want to talk to anyone here except Riley and Chaz. Just leave me alone." She got teary eyed (As if she was the victim) and walked away. Ryan looked like he wanted to say something, but just walked away to follow Caitlin. The reason this was so hard for me was because my mom was cheated on. That's why she's crazy.

    I sighed. "Let's just get on with the day." I said to Riley as the bell rang. School went by slowly. All I could think about was how badly I wanted to see Justin. That's all I was looking forward to. Each class took what had felt like forever. Finally, at the end of the day, the bell rang. I sprung out of my chair and walked as quickly as I could out to the parking lot. I knew that Kenny would be driving with Justin so that he didn't get attacked. I scanned the parking lot when I finally saw Justin's car. I saw a couple of girls start to surround it when I pushed my way through them and hopped in the front seat, Kenny taking the back.

    "Hey, Bailey. How was school?" He asked. I smiled at him. "I pretty much avoided everyone." I told him as he started to drive. "So where are we going?" I asked. He turned to Kenny and smiled. "It's a surprise." I smiled. I waited anxiously as the car drove closer and closer to wherever we were going. Finally, when the car pulled to a stop, we were at his house. "Justin, why are we at your house?" He smiled and laughed like he knew something I didn't. Suddenly, he opened the glove box and pulled out a piece of blue paper. He handed it to me and ran out of the car and into the house. The paper read, "Follow me. -Justin." I smiled and opened the car door as I ran towards the house. On the front door, there was another paper just like the other one except it was pink.

    This one read, "Come and find me." I laughed and quickly opened the door, walking inside. When I got in the house, there were little pieces of paper everywhere with arrows on them. I followed the arrows into Justin's living room. There was a bigger piece or purple paper. "I like you because of your smile." I picked it up and continued following the arrows. "I like you because you're beautiful." I smiled and hugged it to my chest with the other ones. Then, the arrows led into his kitchen. "I like you because you look past all of my imperfections." This one was on a green piece of paper. The arrows led up the stairs now. When I reached the 4th stair, there was a big orange piece of paper. "You make me happy." I continued up the stairs to see a yellow one at the top. "And I'd like to do the same for you." I blushed and continued to the last arrows. A white paper sat on the floor in front of Justin's room. "I like you because you're you." I smiled brightly and grabbed the last piece of paper. There was no more arrows. I looked up at Justin's door and saw the last paper.

    "Open me." It read. I grabbed it off of the door and held all the papers. I giggled a little before opening the door. There Justin stood with flowers in his hand and a teal paper in the other. "Will you be my girlfriend?" He asked just as I read the paper, which said the same thing. I dropped all the papers, smiled, and ran up to him. "Yes." I said before pulling him in for a hug.

    I knew that I had just gotten out of a relationship, but I wanted to be with Justin so bad. I didn't care about anything else. He was all I looked forward to. He was the only thing that gave me hope for a better day. He pulled away from the hug and smiled. He leaned in towards me and kissed me gently. I wrapped my arms around his neck as he wrapped his around the small of my back. His fingers liked themselves together around my back as I smiled in the kiss.

    I moved one hand up to play with his hair, and luckily he didn't get angry. We continued to kiss as he pulled away, pecking my cheek once. "Good thing you said yes." He said, handing me the flowers. I smiled and pecked him once. "I know." He chuckled and I giggled as he intertwined his fingers in mine, tracing circles around my knuckles with his thumb.

    "How long have you been working on these?" I said, gesturing towards the paper. "All day, but it was worth it. You're my girlfriend now and that's all that matters." I leaned in to kiss him one more time as he smiled. "Thank you, Justin."