Chapter 4: befriending him.

The next morning I woke up at about 9:45 a.m. I rolled over and rubbed my eyes. I was so tired. I picked up my phone to check Instagram and twitter. Then I decided to text Ryan instead. "Hey Ry.(: want to hang out today?" I pressed send and quickly received a response. "Can't." Was all he said. "Why not?" He replied quickly again. "Busy." Ever since last night Ryan was being such a jerk. I didn't see why. Our relationship was going good until yesterday. I didn't understand.
I didn't feel like sitting at home all day. I texted Riley. "Want to hang out?" I texted her. I walked over to the mirror to examine my morning face. My phone buzzed. New text from Riley. "I can't! I have to go to my sisters' soccer game:/." I nodded. I responded a quick "okay" before putting my phone down on the bed. I walked into the restroom to brush my teeth when I heard my phone start to ring. I looked to see who was calling. Justin? I picked it up and answered.
"Hello?" I said in a tired voice. "Hey, Bailey. I was just wondering if you maybe wanted to hang out? I have nothing to do, and I'm super bored. Want to chill?" I smiled. "Okay, yeah. That sounds cool. Where and when?" I smiled. I was excited to hang out with Justin. "I'll just pick you up in an hour and take you somewhere." I smiled to myself. "Okay see you soon." I said while hanging up the phone.
I walked into the bathroom, stripping out of my pajamas and turning on the shower. I hummed to myself as I waited for the shower to heat up. I stuck my hand in once to feel the temperature. It was perfect.
I let the water run over my head as I finished shampooing and conditioning. I turned off the water, wrapped a towel around me, and walked over to my closet to pick out an outfit.
I decided on some black shorts, a pink army crop top, and some white vans. The outfit was actually quite cute. I then rushed into the bathroom to blow dry my hair while I texted Justin my address. My hair was naturally straight, so I just needed to blow dry it and it would be fine.
When I finished, I heard my phone buzz. Two new texts. One from Ryan and one from Justin. I opened the one from Ryan first. "Hey, what are you up to?" I laughed. Like he cared. "About to hang out with Justin." He replied as quickly as I had sent it. "Oh. K." That was the last text I got from him the whole day. After that, I opened the text from Justin. "Here.(:" I walked downstairs happily and walked out the door without saying goodbye to anyone. I saw Justin's car and he got out as soon as he saw me. He opened the car door for me and I smiled. That was sweet. When I sat in the car, he ran around to the other side. "So where to, Justin?" He thought for a second. "Lunch and the fair?" I nodded. I had forgotten that the fair was open.
After driving for about ten minutes, we reached a little restaurant with little people inside so no one would see Justin. We quickly got our table and picked up a menu. "So Justin...tell me what it's like being famous?" I asked him. He but his lip in thought. "Well, it's actually pretty hard sometimes. I mean I love my family and my beliebers are great and stuff. But the paparazzi make sure I never have a good time. I don't get to see my friends often except now, because I'm back in Canada with all of you guys now. But it's pretty hard. And the paparazzi judge me for everything.
I wish they would realize that I'm here for the music, you know? Not just for the publicity." I loved hearing him talk about his job. I nodded my head after hearing his story. "I couldn't imagine what that would be like. It would be so hard to have fun." He nodded at me. "Yeah, it is. But seeing the guys is really cool. They're awesome. And so are the beliebers. They support me through everything." I blushed a little, knowing that I had been sort of a belieber before I knew him.
"So were you a fan before or....?" He asked, trailing off at the end. "Yeah, I was definitely sort of a belieber. I never got to get any posters because my...uhm...my mom. She never bought me posters or CD's or anything." I said looking away. "Wow. Well look at us now, we're friends!" He giggled. I smiled at him.