Chapter 17: Right Beside Me.

Bailey's P.O.V.

The past couple of days, Justin and I had been sneaking out to various different spots at night. I thought it was probably the most romantic thing ever. The sweetest part was that he was famous and had such important things to do, and he never cancelled a day of hanging out with me. I had to think of good excuses to get out of the house. Sometimes I wouldnt even tell my mother an excuse, I'd just leave.

It was about 2 days until Justin and I's one month and I was so grateful that we lasted that long. Justin told me he had something huge planned for it, and that I would just have to trust him if I wanted to go. I told him I would. It was going to be an adventure. I had to pretend like I was super upset about my mother making Justin and I "break up" around her, but I was so happy I was still seeing him and we were almost at a month. That night, Justin and I had planned to hang out again. I was just going to sneak over to his house and watch movies all night.

I told my mom that I was sleeping over at a friend's and that I was going to hang out with them tomorrow, too. Because today had been Friday, and luckily, we go on break this week, so I could see Justin all I wanted.

I watched my mom sit at the table grumbling to herself and she was in a mood. But this time, it wasnt just one of her normal bad moods, she was in an absolutely horrible mood. She sat there at the table doing absolutely nothing but holding her head in her hands and shaking it continuosly. I decided to be brave and ask. "Mom." I said hoarsely. "What." She stated more than asked. "What's um..going on?" I wasnt good at talking to my mother.

"You know what, Bailey!? We're losing our house! I dont have the money to pay for this anymore and our house is going under. We're losing it. And you're going to have to find somewhere to live." I shot her a glare. "We're losing our house?! Where were you getting the money before? How am I supposed to find somewhere to live, I'm not 18 just yet! I can't live by myself." I yelled to her. She shot me a grimace and turned away.

" i tried to get the money but he.....I mean it didnt work out!" Just when she said that, I put the pieces together in my head. "You've been...you've been talking to DAD! Havent you? That's where you get all this money! How DARE you! How could you do that? You know how horrible of you that is?! You know what? I'm done." I turned around and was almost at the door. She yelled across the house. "Where do you think you're going!" I didnt bother turning around. I opened the door and yelled back once more. "You'll be lucky if I even come back. I should've done this a while ago." I slammed the door shut and walked out. It was freezing. I knew Justin wasnt supposed to come pick me up for another hour but I couldnt stay home and I had nowhere else to go.

So I walked to Justin's. It wasn't a far walk. I was going to call him, but I wanted to walk. How could my mother talk to my dad? He made her this way and she doesnt even care.

I continued to walk in the cold and finally saw Justin's house in the distance. I walked faster. I wanted to reach it. And I finally did. I ran up to the door and knocked on it. He came to the door in almost 4 seconds. When he saw me, his face lit up.

"Hi, baby! What are you doing here? I wasn't supposed to pick you up for another hour." He asked. I shivered. He led me inside and I instantly got warmed up. He walked me up to his room and we sat on the bed quietly before I told him everything. I told him about the house and how my mom was talking to my dad and everything. I was so angry. But I wouldnt cry. I wasn't wasting anymore tears. When I finished, he leaned over and wrapped me in his arms. That was one of the many things I loved about Justin. He just listened, and even if he had an opinion, he didnt state it unless I asked him to.

He was always on my side. Justin was the only person I could turn to. He was the only person I could trust with my life. I knew wholeheartedly that I could tell Justin absolutely anything and everything without being judged. Through all the tears and issues... Justin could manage to make me smile through the hurt. I never thought before I met him that I would have someone that could make me smile every second of the day. Someone that could make me laugh when my day was rough. I seemed to realize this a lot about Justin lately. He was....reliable. And perfect...