Fly me to the moon

Michael

Alex and I packed solidly for an hour. Brandon mind-linked me to go to him so I have.

"What's up?" I ask as I lean on his doorframe.

"I printed out your tickets." He said and hands me the two tickets.

"Thanks, what's up, you seem different." I say as I check all the details of the flight is correct.

"Nothing man, it's stupid." He says and puts a smile on his face, but not his usual one, his fake one.

"No, don't give me that crap. What's up?" I ask but I don't force him to tell me, Brandon sighs.

"I'm almost a year older than you. You have a mate. I want to have a mate and seeing you and Alex just reminds me of my singleness." He says, I sigh.

"Sorry man, you'll find your mate soon. Have some fun while I'm gone, maybe you'll meet her." I say and Brandon takes some solace from my words, Alex is the one that's good at advise so really she should have been the one to deal with this but my words seem to have worked.

I walk back to my room and I see Alex sleeping by the two suitcases, she has finished packing them so I guess I'll let her sleep.

I have a shower and I let the water flow over me, this week has been stressful to say the least. I smile though, Alex has had it worse than me and if she can get through it so can I.

I step out of the shower and dry off, I put on my new cologne and I leave my hair untouched so it's more wavy and is just a mop of hair on top of my head. I skip shaving and I get dressed.

I check the the time and it's almost time to go. I walk through the crisp night air and I get my car ready to go. Brandon brings out suitcases down for us while I carry Alex down.

"Thanks man." I say as I sit Alex in the passenger seat and strap her in.

"It's all good." He says with a smile but with an air of sadness around him.

"It's going to be ok, I'll be back in a week and I've done most of the paper work so you don't need to do much, and Ray will help." I say he just nods sheepishly.

"Tell you what, you can throw one party, everyone will be there, maybe you'll meet your mate then." I say, he nods.

"Ok, well have a good time." He says with a quick hug. He walks off and I sigh, I look at Alex and just decide to focus on her this week. We both need it.

I get in and drive, I put the radio on quietly and start driving to the airport, it will be a long flight so I get to sleep then. The roads are surprisingly empty but it is 2am.

Every now and again I look over at Alex and I just smile, perfection. 

I bite my lip as I see the airport near, I park and call the guy to get our and put it on the plane. As I wait I wake up Alex.

I slowly lean to her and kiss her. She slowly wakes up and kissed back, after a moment we stop.

"We're at the airport." I say quietly. She nods and stretches. As she gets out of the car I pull out our bags and suitcases. And just as I close the door the man arrives and takes our car.