Awoken

Michael
I wake up in a white room, at least I think it is a room. There are no walls just white.

"Michael." I hear from behind me. I stand and see a tall woman, long wavy dark hair with olive skin. Her eyes are crystal blue and she had full lips.

"Moon goddess." I say and bow.

"Michael, you have to choose." She says.

"What?" I ask.

"I can't choose, Alex is in charge of her fate but because the child is part yours she doesn't have full power, her body is shut off so she can't think. Michael I can't choose, you do." She says and strokes my jaw.

"Choose what?" I ask.

"You have to choose between Alex and the baby." She says with a sad voice.

"What? I can't do that." I say and run my hand through my hair. I lightly tug.

"I am so sorry." She says.

"I can show you the general idea of what will happen with both outcomes if that will help." She says. I crouch and feel my heart rip.

"Yeah." I say.

"Ok, this could be difficult, just remember these futures are not set in stone." She says. I nod. She kisses my forehead and we are transported to the pack garden.

A little girl runs out of the pack house. She looks like Alex so much she has my eyes though.

"Piggy back daddy! Piggy back!" She squeals with happiness.

I see myself run out and lift her to my back. She holds onto my shoulders and we play in the garden.

"Watch this." The moon goddess says. The little girl jumps down and the little girl and the future me lay down together.

"Daddy?" The little girl asks.

"Yes baby girl?" Future me asks.

"You know Abby, my best friend?" She says.

"Yeah?" Future me says.

"Her momma says I look like my momma. Then I heard her speak to Abby's dada and said that's why you are always sad when you look at me. Do I make you sad dada?" The little girl asks. Tears run down my face as I watch the little girl sadden. My daughter.

"You and your momma look a lot like each other." Future me says. "I miss her so badly. Missing her makes me hurt baby but you are turning into your momma and I get to see her through you." Future me says as he lets tears fall.

"Won't I remind you of momma? Won't that make you sad? I don't want you to be sad dada." She says. Future my just cuddles the little girl.

"This is later." The moon goddess says. Things blur then focus. I am in a room and the little girl is sleeping. Future me kisses the little forehead and walks out.

"Alex." Future me whispers into the pillow he lays on. "I miss you so much it hurts. Physically it is killing me. I want to be with you so badly. I want to die so badly but I've been cursed to be alive. Our baby girl is the most amazing. I could never love her or anyone as much but I need you." I say and cry into the pillow.

"Can we go to the other one please?" I ask the moon goddess. She takes me back to the white room and I collapse.

"Are you ready?" The moon goddess asks.

"Will I ever be?" I ask. She gives me a sympathetic smile and kisses my forehead. The room swirls and we are taken to the pack library.

"Hey Alex." Future me says. I turn and see Alex sitting and reading a book. I walk and hug her but I go straight through.

"Sorry." The moon goddess says. I give her a tiny smile and I stand next to her.

"Hey." Alex says and hugs future me. "What are you doing here? I thought you were working." She asks.

"I wanted to see my amazing wife." Future me says.

"Is that all?" Alex asks.

"Never." Future me says and plays music from his phone.

"And here comes Mr and Mrs Michael Moss." He says.

"First dance all over again?" She asks as she wraps her arms around future me's neck.

"It feels like the first time every time." Future me says and they slowly away and kiss.

I smile at the image, you can literally feel the love. Alex looks so beautiful.

"Michael?" Alex asks.

"Yes beautiful." Future me says.

"I love you." She says and rests her head on future me's chest.

"I love you more." Future me says.

"Impossible." She mumbles.

"Only we can do the impossible." I say. She smiles and we dance.

"How long until daycare is over?" Alex asks.

"An hour." Future me says.

"Ray will be getting Ben, should we go try again?" Alex asks.

"I could never say no to that." Future me says.

"Is Ben mine?" I ask the moon goddess.

"No, it's Rays. But again this is not set in stone. This is later." She says. The surroundings blur and it focuses in our bedroom.

Alex and I sleep cuddled close. I bend down at the side of our bed and I watch Alex sleep. My heart fills with love then breaks as I remember what's happening. She scrunches her face.

"What's happening?" I ask the moon goddess.

"Watch." She says. I look back and Alex shoots up and screams.

Future me shakes her and holds her close.

"It's ok baby. It's ok." Future me says.

"It happened again." Alex says ash she whimpers.

"It's over now." Future me says. "It's just a bad dream." He adds.

"She has nightmares a lot. I don't know what about but like everything I have shown its subject to change." The moon goddess says. I nod.

We go back to the White room and I sit down on a new white chair.

"Michael, my son." The moon goddess says and gives me a sad smile. "It's time to choose." She says.

"I can't." I say.

"I'm sorry, you have to, or they both go." She says. My heart races and I bite my lip. I rock back and fourth as I pull at my hair.

"I choose Alex."