No star, moon or planet.

Michael

My watering eyes look into her eyes.

"Why? I don't deserve it." I almost whimper.

"Because someone once told me that I have to have courage, be gentle and be kind." She says and gives me a gentle kiss.

"Can you do me a favor?" She asks. I smile and nod.

"Anything." I say.

"Go home, I'll be ok here." She says, I lower my head and nod.

"I love you." I whisper, she kisses me and let's go of me.

"Love you too." She says, I can't help but kiss her again.

"You have no idea how much I wanted to hear that." I say, she smiles and shoos me away.

I drive home, ecstatic that she is alive, happy and forgiving. I am slightly upset that she is so far away from me but that will go eventually.

I'm not going to lie, I miss you, and I'm extremely bored. She mind-links me. I chuckle and agree.

I go to my room and I have a shower, I smile at the new clean feeling, I wrap a towel around my waist and I shave, a short beard has grown and soon it's gone, I nick my skin just on my jaw and I tiny patch of crimson red blood forms.

Jesus, be careful. You gave me a heart attack. I hear Alex say, I laugh again. She must have felt it as we, as mates, can feel each others pain and just normal sensations at times. Physical and mental.

Sorry, I'll be more careful. I promise her.

You better, the doctors are going to get the test results soon, do you want to be here or do you want me just to tell you? She asks.

I'm on my way, any excuse to be with you. I say and I get in my car and go back to the hospital.

I get to her room and I open the door to her sitting up in bed with Charlie observing her.

"Hey." I say.

"Hey, it's good news. With therapy I'll be able to walk in about two months or so." She says with a smile on her face, I smile and Charlie stands.

"Yep, but she'll have to stay in hospital for a while. She was in a coma so long we need to make sure she will be ok." He says, I sigh, she will be safe with me.

"How long is a while?" I ask as Alex is busy moving her toes.

"A week or so, it depends on her progress." He says. I nod, Charlie leaves me. I sit with her for a while, just admiring her.

"Your hair is long, it reminds me of when you first came and I first met you." I blurt out, she looks at me and blushes.

"Yeah, I love my short hair but I've missed my long hair." She says, I stand and I kiss her.

"I don't care what hair you have, I'll love you no matter what." I say, she looks into my eyes, and for the first time I let her look properly, eyes are windows to the soul right?

--

The week goes by fast, I deal with pack duties and spend time with Alex in my spare time. Like now, I'm laying in her bed with her, my fingers in her hair and her fingers tracing the inked lines on my skin. Not speaking but just being with her, being together with no awkwardness or distractions, just us and what feels like five billion volts of electricity going through us.

"Michael?" She asks.

"Yes?" I ask, my attention fully focused on the beautiful girl in my arms, my girl.