Oh, It's You

Chapter Eleven

Riley's P.O.V.

"Can, anyone tell me what makes the perfect essay?" Mr. Falls asks the class.

"The intro, three paragraph body, and conclusion." Maya answered.
He seemed shocked, but the rest of the class was used to Maya behaving already. "Good job Maya."

I leaned over to her, "That's my girl." I whispered.

"Riley, there's something I have to tell you." Maya whispered back.

"Will it make me happy?" I asked.

"It made me happy." Maya smiled.

"It will make me happy to see you girls pay attention." He heard someone whisper, I turn around to see Mr. Falls over our desk. Boy has he got some nice cheekbones.

"Has anyone ever told you that you have really nice cheekbones?" I informed him.

He smiled as he made his way back to the board. "Yes, as a matter of fact, Lucas informed me of that this morning."

"Guess I beat you to it." I heard Lucas say from behind.

Instead of turning around and smacking him, I kept my eyes clued to Mr. Falls. I was enjoying the view anyways.

"You guys will have to take the PSATS the week of homecoming, and the English/ Language Arts portion will feature a essay. I want each and everyone of you to pass that portion, or you'll college hopes will go bye bye." He explained.

Later that day I sat in my Bay Window with Maya on the other side of me.

"My college hopes can go bye bye." I pushed out after five minutes of sitting in silence.

"At lease you have college hopes." Maya said.

I turned to her, "You don't have college hopes?"

"I don't know. College is almost two years away, and I just wanna live in the moment right now, plus I know my Mom doesn't have over $10,000 to waste on school." She shrugged.

"Why do you always put yourself down like this?" I ask.

She shrugged, "Because I know it's not happening."

Maya's P.O.V.

Josh: So how's high school been treating you?

Me: Same old, Sane old. How's College.

Josh: I joined a fraternity. All the parties are like "Get a girl drunk and do things to her."

I had to laugh at that one.

Me: Lol, so, I really wasn't expecting your visit the other day, that took me by surprise.

Josh: I was in town, and I wanted to see how you were doing.

Me: And instead of going to see your brother, sister in law, niece, and nefew. You come and see your niece's best friend?

Josh: Yeah, actually, there's something I wanted to tell you that I didn't have the balls to talk to you about in person.

Ooh, he wants to tell me something. I honestly wouldn't be surprise if he said he had a kid.

Me: What is it?

Josh: I kinda like you.