Part 16

Part 16

Chris sighed deeply into his hot coffee, the smokey heat dancing around his face.

"Well that was fun." Alex, opposite Chris, bites his lip, his hands tightly gripping his mug.

Beside them both, Talia and Lucy sit with mugs too at the kitchen table. Tension lingers.

"What happened to them?" Talia perks up.

"I think, just maybe, they might've died." Lucy replied sarcastically.

The sun beams into the kitchen as it creeps down behind the horizon, lighting up the glum faces of the four elementals.

"What are we doing?" Alex murmurs.

"I don't know." Talia replies.

"This conversation is cheering me up a hell of a lot." Lucy says.

There was a pause of silence, of which was broken by the screeching of Alex's sharp movements as he jumped to his feet.

"Why, pray tell me, are we sat around here looking so glum?" Alex questions, his eyes darting around at the drained faces in front of him.

"By the sound of it, this wasn't a one off. We'll be doing stuff like that all the time! And to be perfectly honest, I don't fancy having to do this," Alex signals to the tension filled room. "every time we get attacked. I mean no ones died, no one has even got hurt except me. I should be the one with the glum face."

Chris, Talia and Lucy just stare with blank faces back at him.

"Right that is it! We are going to go to the pub, we are going to lighten up and have a laugh. C'mon!" Alex concludes, waving his arms around frantically with enthusiasm and pulling Talia's chair away so as she had to stand up.

"Alex-" Chris gets cut off by Alex who pushes him off his seat and down the hall.

"I need to change my t-shirt, just get yourself ready and we'll go down in my car." Alex waited for Talia and Lucy to join Chris in the hall and then skedaddled up the stairs as fast as he could, limping still.

"I don't know where he gets the energy." Chris manages to show a faint smile as he walks over the top of the door, which lies motionless on the floor.

"If it was my decision I'd go to sleep." Talia rolls her head and walks over to her jacket which hangs from the wall.

"Yeah and wake up to maybe a elf this time." Lucy jokes.

"What's that noise?" Chris questions, the sudden silence being awoken by a hissing noise.

Lucy's eyes bulged wide.

Chris walked slowly and casually over towards the kitchen and peered into the lounge to see a tube of piping squirting a mist of water from its sides.

"It's just a burst pipe." Chris sighs, his face going curious as he looked to Talia.

"I didn't mean to." Talia smiles, wondering to Chris' side.

Chris knelt down and put his hand over the hole.

"Yeah just stay there and it'll be sorted." Lucy walked in behind them.

Chris turned his head around and gave Lucy a dirty look, but then his face went astonished and he slowly turned his head to the pipe again.

"Everyone ready?" Alex jeers, peering over Talia and Lucy.