Part 2

Part 2

Meanwhile in the town*

"Hey guys, I'm just going to pop for a coffee over the road, anyone else want one?" Alex walks out of his separate office into a smallish room filled with comfy chairs, a table, a smart board and a fridge.

"Yeah go on then. Cappuccino and..." Karen answers, one of Alex's co-workers, nudging the person next to her.

"Oh sorry, yeah that'd be great. Latte if that's okay?" Chloe says, turning around and smiling.

"Fine a Latte for Chloe and a Cappuccino for Karen. Keep an eye out for any phone calls in my office; I'll only be a minute." Alex paces across to a wooden door and exits through into the public room where customers queue at the help desks and wait for service at the ATM's. 

Alex walks out of the back offices, taking a quick look at his badge which shows 'Alex, bank manager' on it, and laughing proudly about his position in the bank. He gives a slight nod of the head to say 'hello' to one of his workers behind the help desks and then goes through the automatic door, onto a busy town road.

Outside Alex looks up to the sky and admires the sun as it beams down on him, reflecting off his high cheek bones and in his eyes.

People hurried around the street, carrying their shopping in both hands. Swinging them back and forth drowsily, they looked like a load of monkeys.

Alex crosses the street and looks back at the bank. It was like it was placed perfectly by god at the top of the main shopping hill on a corner of the road. It stood out quite a bit, much like his house but he didn’t mind.

He walks down the cobbled street and into 'McDonalds' where he picked up three coffees and exited quickly, holding the third cup, unsteadily with the two in his hands.

“Hello, Katie? Katie is that you?!” Alex shouts to someone a little way in front of himself.

"Alex?! I haven't seen you in ages!" Katie shouts back making her way through the crowd towards him.

"I know, it's such a shame." Alex says sarcastically.

"So what do you do nowadays?" Katie asks smiling kindly.

“I’m a Manager at Barclays."

"Wow, good on ya!"     

"I would stop to talk but I best get these coffees back. Catch up sometime maybe?"

"Yeah okay, you want my number?"

"I've got it," Alex lies. "See you around and I'll give you a call when I'm not busy."

"Alright see you." Katie walks down the hill and Alex shakes his head.

He mouths the words 'I hate that girl,' as he continues to walk up the very steep cobbled hill. The bumpy cobbles making it not the nicest feeling whilst climbing an incline.

He reaches the top of the bank and looks to the left off the one way street. There were no cars, but there was something else.

"What the-" Alex questions himself, standing curiously at the edge of the road as four colourful balls come whizzing towards him, a swirling mass of black mist keeping them together.

They keep coming closer and closer until they reach the corner of the road and zoom straight over the top of Alex, sending a blast of air at him.

His hands slip as he tries to stop himself from falling and then there was a splash.

He could feel hot liquid seeping through his trousers and he looks down at the coffee running down his trousers and onto his shoes.

"I just cleaned those! Damn it!" Alex exclaims, looking back up and then turning around to see where those things had gone.