Part 9

Part 9

 ”Finally I’m finished!" Alex congratulates himself, scribbling one last word on a piece of paper.

He pulls the note off its sticky pack and looks at it pleased, clearing his desk of scrunched up yellow paper.

"Hech-hem." Alex clears his throat, standing up from his leather, black chair as it rolls into a cupboard behind him.

"I call upon the power of the fires, as I ask to fill all women's desires. Show me to them, as they see their true love, and let my power rain down from the ancients above."

A mass of red swirling lights expand into existence in front of him. They reach the size of a football and then get sucked into Alex's chest, a sudden glow soothing over his whole body.

"O-kay? Let's see if this works." Alex questions to himself, strutting confidently across the office.

He twists the handle of the door and pulls it back.

In front of him two women sit chatting in a corner.

"Hey there guys." Alex smiled, clasping his hands together.

Both of the girls immediately turn around to face him. Their eyes bulging wide and their jaws dropping in unison.

"Do I look alright?" Alex asks, grinning with delight.

"Hot and sexy." one of them whispers, staring devotedly at Alex.

"I'm just going to pass on some papers." Alex says, pulling two sheets of paper from behind his back.

Alex walks across the staff area and through the door, the two women following him as he walked like flowers following the sun.

"This is going to be good." Alex mutters, smiling handsomely. His appearance hadn't changed at all but other people's reactions to him had for sure.

*Meanwhile Lucy sits in the house, still in her curled up ball on the sofa.*

She holds her hand strong against her forehead and stares down at the 'book of magicals' that lies on the table in front of her.

After a few seconds of staring, she quickly rips the quilt off her and snatches the book into her clutches. Holding it tight, she strokes her fingers along the leather cover.

The engraved symbol sits in the middle, staring back at Lucy, urging her to open the book up.

With the turn of a page, she opens the book again to the page titled 'Elementals'.

Once again she stares, pondering in thought.

She then starts flicking through the darkened sheets, glancing at the many picture and names from 'Banshees' to 'Hippalectryons', from 'Ale demons' to 'Manticores'

Lucy breathes slow and heavy and continues reading...

*At 'I.T.Cullis Motors*

"That's it for today, Chris." Ian announces, sorting out oil-stained papers behind the reception.

"Can I go home then?" Chris asks, standing in front of him, wanting to return home to Lucy.

"Yeah sure." he answers.

Chris turns around and turns to walk out the public entrance to the garage, until he gets called back.

"Chris. Be wary." Chris turns to face Ian. He looked different, he looked possessed.

"You?" Chris questions, recognising the situation.

"The evils are drained, most will stay hidden but many will try their luck whilst your powers are minimal. Do not let your guard down. They approach, now!" Ian suddenly drops back into his previous pose of stooping over his messy desk.

"What?" Chris mutters.

"You're not going?" Ian asks, raising his head, now looking as normal as usual.

"Yeah, see you." Chris walks out of the reception and into the car park, pondering on the words told to him.

It must've been what Talia went through and it must've been the king Elemental.

*At the play school*

"Wow that is a beautiful ring, where did you get it?" Joe questions 'Jones', Talia listening in whilst pretending to play with one of the kids.

"I hide behind it and it is beautiful." Jones replies.

"Yes it is big." Joe agrees.

"Talia. You sure you are okay?" Liz asks.

"I'm just going through a rough time at the moment."

"Oh right, well could you go fill this jug up with water from in the other room?"

"Of course." Talia replies instantly, standing up and taking the jug out of the room.

The sound of playful kids mutes as she exits and closes the door, walking towards the kitchen. The play school was basically just a house full of toys.

Talia walks along the hall and into the kitchen, the tap just ahead.

She reaches the sink and placed the jug under the tap. Talia then reaches out and grasps the misty, speckled silver tap.

Her grip tightening, she tries to turn the water on but it is stiff.

Talia's face screws up as she tries her hardest to turn the rusty tap. She lets go and sighs, resting against the kitchen surface.

She looks down at the jug and lies a finger on the edge.

Suddenly the jug fills up with crystal clear water. Reaching the brim, Talia removes her finger, staring at the water as golden shards of sunlight dance across its top.

Talia smiles and stares some more.

"Talia? What are you doing?" A female voice calls from behind her.

Talia breathes in, shock washing over her as she turns around to see Jones stood between the kitchen and the hall.

How long has she been there? Did she see what Talia did?

A/N

Hey there people! Hope you're all enjoying the story! We've made it back onto the hot list! :D yay! It's all thanks to you. Keep reading, voting and commenting. Will be updating soon! :) also follow my awesome editor @youatemycookie