Part 13

Part 13

A burning flame erupts from Alex's palm and shoots into the bed of logs and newspaper, making them burst into flame immediately.

"Something is after us. I suggest we have someone on watch." Chris says.

"Chris? What can you do?" Alex questions swivelling round from facing the fire and looking towards Chris who hovers in front of the lounge window.

"What do you mean?"

"Well I can make fire and stuff. Lucy can control air and Talia water. What about you?"

"I don’t know." Chris replies turning round. "I did something to a flower at the garage..."

Talia raises her hand to her mouth, trying to swallow back her laughter.

"You can control flowers?" Alex repeats, this time Lucy laughing as well.

"And probably some other stuff." Chris' defends.

"Like for example; controlling weeds?" Alex suggests.

"Shut up!" Chris says angrily, a branch of one of the cacti elongating and gripping Alex's ankle.

"Whoa!" Alex jumps to his feet and stumbles onto the floor as the spiky cactus leaf wraps around even more.

"Chris. Stop doing that." Talia warns, worriedly.

"Chris, I was jo-ah-king." Alex rushes his sentence, tightening his clenched fists in pain.

"Chris!" Lucy slams the 'book of magicals' shut and a force of air explodes from her hands and sweeps Chris off his feet.

He fell to the ground in seconds and the tightening cactus plant loosened on Alex's ankle.

"Get Chris now." Lucy orders to Talia who jumps up and turns Chris over onto his back.

"Bloody hell, that kills!" Alex curses, crawling to the nearest wall and trying to lift himself to his feet.

"Alex, are you okay?" Lucy asks, kneeling down on the carpet and lifting up Alex's smart trousers to reveal a punctured ankle, pouring with many holes of red blood.

"Jesus Christ!" Lucy says astonished.

"Cacti’s are spiky." Alex concludes, his eyes squinting in pain.

"Alex, I'm sorry." Chris apologises, sitting up next to Talia with his hair in a wild mess.

"It's alright." Alex excuses, Lucy helping him limp over to the sofa.

Talia helps Chris to his feet too and they both look down at Alex and Lucy on the sofa.

"I don’t think this was quite what he was on about." Lucy says, smiling unsympathetically lifting Alex's leg onto the table.

"I'll go fetch some bandages." Talia says, turning away as Lucy rolls up Alex's trousers.

"I don’t know what came over me." Chris sighs in confusion and annoyance.

"Go and help Talia and fetch us some water. Oh and something to numb Alex's pain." Lucy tells.

"Will do." Chris shuffles around embarrassed, nodding and pacing out of the room and into the kitchen to find Lucy rummaging through a plastic box with a green cross imprinted on its lid.

"Aha." Lucy pulls out a bandage and lifts her head to see Chris who turns the tap on as Lucy starts shaking her head from side to side.

"I didn't mean to." Chris whispers, placing a bowl from the washing rack under the hot tap to collect the water.

Lucy lifts a pack of tablets from out of the box and mouth the words 'I'll take them' to Chris before marching out of the kitchen.

*An hour later*

"So we can write spells?" Lucy asks, flicking through the book of magicals once again.

The four of them house the dining table in the lounge, all leaning in to look at the unusual pictures that lie drawn on the stained paper.

"Yeah. That's what he said. He said we can control the four elements and we can write spells." Alex replied, now wearing summer cheque shorts and a white t-shirt.

"Here it is!" Lucy shouted, pointing her finger at one of the drawings on the page.

She turned the book around to face the other three and they all look.

"What is that?" Talia's jaw drops and then her eyes furrow.

They stare down at a page of a creature with a scorpion’s tail, bony torso and deadly claws. It's face a grizzly man. On the other side a strange rock creature stands with a strange instrument to its side. Both pictures have titles across the top and information below.

"IT’s a man-ti-core." Chris reads out.

"That's ugly!" Alex states

"It's not that I wanted to show you. Look the other side, I read it earlier on today when I was left here." Lucy tells, pointing to the picture to the right.

"So hideous is this demon, a very portrait would burn to ashes. Oh I see." Chris says, his eyebrows disappearing into his hair.

"I know, but that wasn't what I was on about. I was on about the fact that it’s a demon. A frickin demon!" Lucy shouts.

"Well the Elemental king did say creatures, demons, evil spirits and stuff. So he kind of did warn us then." Alex says.

"I know, but don't you find it quite exciting, scary, but exciting. I mean it’s a real demon."

"Of whom we cannot look at, so let’s just hope that one never decides to attack us." Talia smiled cheerfully, hiding her fearful face behind her crystal clean smile.

"Anyways… The spirit told us to practise our powers, come on." Chris stands up from the table, the wooden chair legs scraping across the carpet.

"I don't really want to." Talia replies, staying sat down as Lucy and Alex join Chris by the back door.

"Oh come on Talia, aren't you just a little intrigued to see what you can do?" Alex questions.

Talia closes her eyes and stand up, her black hair sweeping across her face.

Chris smiles and unlocks the white French doors, swinging it open to reveal the garden.

The patio of cheque colours, off red and white, reach out to a quarter of the garden. From there to the shed a cut lawn lies and magically coloured flowers line the brown fences.

"It’s time to have some fun." Lucy rubs her hands together and smiles slyly.

A/N

Hey readers! So glad you’re sticking with this story. Hope you don't think I’m dragging the story, I’m just trying to explain a bit more about the characters and their powers to you :D only two more parts left! Hope you all getting excited! Please comment and please share the story with all your wattpad friends and followers! It means a lot! :D also follow my editor @youatemycookie