Part 1

Part 1

   A beam of light peeks shyly over the horizon penetrating the darkness and brining a warm glow to the silent world below.

   A few more beams encouraged by the first, show themselves, and help prepare for the sun's grand entrance. As more streaks rise and are welcomed with song by the birds below, a curious behavior is noticable. The travel of light from the sun to the earth seems to be a little delayed.

    Although these lights are what give hope to small children who are fearful of the dark, signals release to those who work nightshift jobs, and holds the mystery of a new day for all the hopefuls, they seem to hesitate to release their brightest part out to the open sky. It’s as if they know that they bring the beginning of a great and terrible event that will soon be released to the world. They almost feel that they are committing a crime, bringing a new age in which many innocent lives have the risk of being taken.

    As more streams of light rise above the horizon, a certain pattern can be noticed. All the light seems to be pointing in one general direction on the earth. Following the sun's ray path leads to a beautiful neighborhood in which a grand house stands a little isolated from all the others. There the sun's beams seem to cling, as if that house is where their only hope of redemption from the inevitable events ahead, rests.

    And the sun is right. Inside sleep four extraordinary people, that could be the only saviors for the hectic age that is about to begin.

***

 "Lucy! Where's my hair brush?" Talia shouts as she holds her long black hair with one hand and taps impatiently on her thigh with the other.

   "It’s on the top of the sink right in front of you," Lucy replies in a "duh" tone.

   Talia turns around, grabs the brush, and begins to hastily brush her hair. She can't be late for her first day at her new job. After she's done she leaves the bathroom to dress in what she likes to call "child care appropriate clothing". On her way she passes Lucy, who's bright red hair is still in a tangly mess and Chris, who is still in his hideously designed, stripped pj's, making their way to stairs as they argue like usual.

    "You’re the lazy one," Lucy accuses him, "Your still not dressed and you have ten minutes until your job."

    Chris yawns lazily and grins. "That's plenty of time for me. You should look at your hair. It looks like a fire gone wild."

    Lucy rolls her eyes playfully. "I don't have a job to get to."

    They reach the bottom of the steps just in time to see Alex stepping out of the house, through the front door.

    Alex is a little on the short side for a man, but his heir of confidence, seemes to give him twice the height he is missing. With his crisp clean suit, shiny black shoes, and sparkle in his dark eyes, he seems to be on top of the world. He grins slightly at the thought of the day that lies ahead. Anything could happen. He could receive his large amount of money, like he usually does for his job at the bank, or he could get fired which is most unlikely. Something out of the ordinary could happen like they do in the movies, or all of a sudden every woman on earth would suddenly fall in love with him. He chuckles to himself at those last two ideas.

    "Where did those even come from?" he wonders as he leaves for work.

    Inside Lucy brushes her short hair roughly and tries to pour herself a bowl of cereal at the same time. It’s going quite well until Chis shouts at her. She freaks out and drops the bowl of cereal along with the brush and a few strands of her hair.