Part 12

Part 12

 "Candles ready?" Chris asks, standing in the lounge beside Talia and Alex.

"Yep." Lucy replies, lighting the last candle on the floor.

Five candles lie on the floor in the shape of a pentagon, now all alight as Lucy stretches her legs and rises to her feet.

"And you’ve got the spell?" Chris asks.

"Yep, we got that too." Alex hands a slip of paper to Chris.

"Are we really going to do this?" Talia says, holding onto Chris' hand and squeezing it tight.

"Well does anyone have any other ideas?" Chris looks to each side and then looks back to the spell.

"Let's do this." Lucy mutters.

"Fire, Water, Earth and Air. The Elemental powers we do bear, summon the spirit of the elemental rise, bring him forth from up in the skies?" Chris speaks, Talia, Lucy and Alex muttering the words with him. At the last sentence they all turned to Alex wearing puzzled expressions.

"Spells are hard, okay." Alex replies as a sudden gust of wind whipped up from the centre of the pentagon of candles.

The flames grow tall and thin and a tornado develops in the centre, twisting and turning in a wind of magic.

Then a white light fizzles down the eye of the tornado and a figure appears, burning the tornado to nothing as it collapses on the floor like a falling curtain.

"I knew it wouldn't be long." The spirit says, brushing back his white hair.

"It’s nice to see you again." Chris nods towards the king elemental, shaking the cold and frightened grasps of Lucy and Talia who tries to grip hold of his arm.

"So how have we all been since our last encounter, I see everyone has come to terms with themselves." he nods gleefully, his radiance illuminating the room with a bright but subtle glow.

"Can you reverse what you've done?" Chris asks, Alex's jaw dropping, astonished.

"No, your powers are meant for good, you will do great things." The spirit replies, turning his gaze to Alex whose face had turned to relief at his answer.

"So we're supposed to live like this forever?" Chris questions.

"You don't like your powers? Well you'll come to like them sooner or later; you'll see the true necessity for them when you are most at risk."

"Most at risk?" Talia murmurs.

"Yes, when danger approaches you, only you and your powers can defeat it."

"You said they attack now." Chris remembers.

"I shall limit my use of possessing people, I understand it tends to frighten you." he smiles.

"But you said they are attacking right this minute, so one of those things could be after us now?" Chris repeats, pointing to the book of magicals.

"Ah, a handy little thing that is. You will need it to defeat the first and all the ones to come."

"Stop talking in riddle!" Lucy shouts in anger.

"I apologise for my behaviour. I am only here to guide you and help you come to terms with your powers and your duties."

"Duties?" Alex asks puzzled.

"Your job is to protect the innocent, mortal and magical. You must defend the world when evils attack. Some will hide and strengthen whilst others will come forth early, looking for a lucky break on defeating the elemental powers. You four are the only ones who can stop this evil."

"We didn't ask to protect people, we didn't ask for this life." Chris complains.

"I agree. You didn't but this duty is yours and no one else's. The rewards of saving lives and defeating evils are just one of the many perks of being a sorcerer. Obviously danger does-"

"Hold on, HOLD ON!" Talia shouts, cutting off the king spirit mid-sentence. "So we have powers, I get that. We have to protect people from evil? Those things in that book though, all those creatures, h-how?"

"One creature has already taken a move. It already plans on defeating you, so you must defeat it and continue to aid the earth and its good inhabitants."

"You know where it is?" Chris questions.

"I do."

"Then tell us!" Alex orders.

"I'm afraid I have to leave. Good luck and I shall see you soon." The spirit smiles with his stained teeth and he evaporates in a ray of light which shoots up through the ceiling, distinguishing the five candles.

"Tell us!" Alex calls again as the lounge fell silent.

"Well he was helpful." Lucy concludes.

"I can't believe that. I really thought he would help." Chris huffs.

"Well what do we do now?" Talia asks, stepping back and falling into the sofa.

"I don't know. What can we do? I mean we know that soon we are going to be attacked by something." Chris says casually walking over to the fireplace and staring into it.

"We just need to look in this thing." Lucy falls back into the sofa and reaches out to grab the book.

She can't reach it, but then it suddenly slides into her clutch.

"Give us some water, will you?" Lucy picks a glass up from the floor and hands it to Talia before lifting the book onto her lap.

Talia shakes her head vigorously and moves back into her seat.

"Oh come on." Lucy shoves it towards her and glares.

Talia looks into her eyes and then reaches out. As soon as her finger touches the cold glass of the cup, water fills its content.

"Thank you." Lucy says smiling.

A/N

HELLOOOOOO! Thank you to all of you for being so supportive and I am so glad that you are reading my story. The reads keep going up and up I’m so excited!! XD Please comment and vote! Want to try getting 1000 comments before the end of Halloween! Thanks guys! Love you all.