Part 7

Part 7

"Chris, get down here now!" Alex shouts from the kitchen, angry that Lucy could accept it so easily.

"I'm coming," Chris replies, running down the stairs as the shower blasts into life. "I've managed to get Talia into the shower, though she was a bit frightened because of the whole water thing."

"Lucy is sitting in the lounge, reading that book and smiling, as if this is all a freekin game!" Alex says, frustrated.

"Chris, you couldn't work your calming magic on Alex. It says here that you are the glue and the body. Alex is the courageous, ha!" Lucy laughs, reading from the book.

"Lucy! Is that written in the book?" Chris asks, walking into the lounge, completely blanking Alex.

"You know what. I'm just going to go to work. I'll go, right now. I'll probably die from that Scylla thing but hey ho. That's fine right, I'll end up like that spirit guy. Okay then bye." Alex calls, pacing out the door.

He closes the door with a slam and then stands by the door waiting for Chris to come running after him.

"Wow so those names are like our Elemental one. So I'm Gaia?" Chris questions Lucy.

"Nice to meet you, I'm Aether." Lucy and Chris laughs.

"Unbelievable!" Alex curses, walking down the driveway and getting to his car, he looks back at Chris' car and sighs.

From the previous day the cars are still badly parked on top of the curb, Chris' behind Alex's

"I'll move it now." Chris calls, rushing out of the house with his keys.

Alex doesn't even bother to reply as Chris passes him and starts up his engine, reversing onto the road and parking in front of the front hedge.

Getting into his own car Alex starts up the engine.

"It'll do you good going to work, you know!" Chris shouts from his car as Alex reverses back out beside him and then puts his foot  hard on the accelerator.

Chris smiles and waves then rushes back into the house to find Lucy still engrossed with the contents of the strange book.

"Anything else you found out about me?" Chris asks.

"Not really but it does seem to suggest here that our powers are of the elements and that they do also branch out into other powers like slowing down time and flying." Lucy replies excitedly.

"Oooooo sounds interesting, but don't you think we're being a bit too forward with this? I mean, you haven't even seen your power yet?" Chris says.

"I know, and I don't think I want to. I mean all this hero stuff sounds really interesting but flicking through there are demons in here and evil spirits."

"Oh my GOD!" Talia shouts from up the stairs as the shower turns off.

"That doesn't sound good." Lucy raises her eyebrows and they both jump to their feet leaving the book on the couch.

Rushing up the stairs they reach the bathroom door.

"Talia are you decent?" Lucy asks.

"Just get in here." Talia demands, Lucy opening the door and swinging it open.