Part 14

Part 14

 “Take that!” Lucy says thrusting her hands out in front of her and a sudden gust of wind sweeps Talia off, of her feet. “And that’s for drenching me!”

“Lucy!” Chris shouts at her, wishing they would just stop there stupidity.

“What? She drenched me; look at the state of me!” Lucy complains, pointing at her soaked top. “I’m going to go dry off. If some creature attacks, just burn them or chuck a rock at their face will you.” She laughs nervously.

“Will do.” Alex smiles, chucking a ball of fire from each of his palms like a tennis ball.

“Show off.” Chris huffs whilst helping Talia to her feet.

“I know.” Alex says chuckling as he chucks the ball into the air and it zooms up to the height of the house then disappears back down through Alex’s hands.

Then suddenly Alex’s face turns from a smile to a grimace of pain as he holds his shoulder.

“What’s the matter, burn yourself?” Talia asks holding back a smirk.

“No, my shoulder, it- argh- stings.” Alex rolls up his t-shirt sleeve onto his shoulder and looks down at his tattoo. The words Alex Pedro  were written above the drawing and Ember below like normal, but the picture of the flame glows orange and a smaller picture etches itself under the tattoo reading Fire.

“Whoa! What the hell is that?” Alex peers at his shoulder to try and get a better look.

“Seems as though you have another tattoo.” Chris says, turning his head to one side and sighing.

“You don’t say.” Alex says dryly. “Why do I though?” He questions his face scrunching up in confusion.

“I dunno.” Chris replies, leading Talia back into the lounge.

“Maybe I have mastered the fire power.” Alex smiles, following them.

Inside, Chris falls into a heap on the sofa, the sound of creaking floorboards upstairs indicates Lucy is busy rushing round.

Talia goes to fall back into the sofa next to Chris but there is a sudden knock at the door.

Chris, Talia and Alex look to each other, eyes bold and wide. Lucy’s footsteps upstairs also go silent.

“Get the door, me and Talia will hide round behind it.” Chris mutters.

“No, you get the door and me and Talia will hide behind the door.” Alex whispers back.

“Just come one.” Chris gestures to follow him and the three of them slowly walk into the hallway.

They stand behind the door.

Chris mouths the words ‘you open the door’ to Alex as the person behind the door calls.

“Is that Alex?”

“Get it!” Chris pushes Alex in front of the door and opens it, Alex stumbling in the doorway nervously.

The door opens and their stands a man with jet black hair and big bushy eyebrows. His eyes are dark brown and he smiles slyly like a Cheshire cat.

“And you are?” Alex smiles.

“I’m Jim. Is Lucy here?” The man asks.

“Any reason why you’d want to see Lucy?” Alex questions, looking suspiciously at the bloke, looking him up and down.

“We have a date planned for tonight.” Jim replies confusedly.

“Oh right, and what might that-“

“Hi Jim.” Lucy smiles happily bouncing down the stairs and rushing across the hall.

“Hey, em, I just came to apologise.” Jim ruffled with his fingers suspiciously, Alex backing away from the door and pulling Talia back with him.

“What for?” Lucy asks.

“I’m not going to make that date tonight, can we arrange it for some time next week?” he asks.

“Of course, I’ll give you a ring when I’m not busy.” Lucy laughs, trying to brush back her half dried hair into something which didn’t look too messy.

“That’d be great.” Jim thanked, going to turn away but then spinning back round.

“Have you got a tattoo?” he narrowed his eyes and peered around the door.

“Oh this, yeah that’s just something we are doing, see I have my sisters kids round, they’re doing tattoos.”

“Interesting tattoos. Good kids I’m presuming too, can’t hear them.”

“Very well behaved they are, anyway I must be off, go check on them. I’ll call you.” Lucy smiles, trying to cover up her ever-so-obvious excuses.

“Bye.” Lucy smiles one last time and then shuts the door in relief. Turning to her side to see Chris hiding behind the door.

“Jim, hey, haven’t told us about him.” Chris says, creeping out from behind the door.

“What were you doing there?” Lucy questions.

“We thought it was the creature thing.” Talia answers, following Lucy, Chris and Alex into the kitchen.

“Oh I see.” Lucy sighs, leaning on the kitchen work surface.

“Got round that tattoo thing well.” Alex chuckles.

“Yeah, well, from now on it seems I’ll be wearing long sleeved cardigans, and maybe when I go swimming I’ll wear some armbands just to cover it up.” Lucy looks down at her shoulder and frowns.

“You need to go brush your hair.” Talia tells, making Lucy storm up the stairs.

“Back to some relaxing.” Chris walk slowly back into the lounge.

*Meanwhile on the drive*

“It’s time for ShowTime.” Jones smirks with an evil grin as she waddles up towards the front door, still shaking her backside like she’s got some sort of problem.

She reaches the door and looks down at a ring on her finger with a beautiful coloured stone in it.

“Won’t be needing you no more.” She giggles, sliding it off her finger and chucking it onto the lawn behind her.

She breathes out and lifts her head high as her floral summer dress with stretchy black belt slims down to a slithery, snake like tail; her legs disappearing, instead, now holding her up was a chunky, green, serpentine tail.

She looks at her reflection in the door window, her frizzy hair now straight and greasy, her upper body now just wearing a simple camouflage bikini and lots of bangles.

“Ssssshowtime!” She hisses, her fork tongue flickering from her mouth.

A/N

Hello again, bet you are getting bored of these now, but I just want to say thanks for all the support and I really do hope you like the story. Please, please comment if you’re reading, even if it’s just: ‘I really liked it’ that’s all I want. I just want to find out who is reading my story and who is enjoying it. Thanks! Oh and same as usual, don’t forget to follow my amazing editor @youatemycookie she’s the best.

Don't forget to check out the new trailer I made, just click 'external link' under the cover picture, and comment what you think! :D