Tsukiko cleared her throat and started telling her story. “When I was a little kid, I thought I was an only child of my family but turns out my father had an affair and had a kid with another woman” she started. “And with that, there Takuya, oh wonderful Takuya was introduced”

“T-Takuya?” Aomine recognized the name. “So, he’s your brother?!”

“Step” she corrected. Aomine sighed in relief remembering what Kagami has told him. He noted to himself that he’d kick Kagami at the ass if he ever seen him again for telling him false facts, and got him worried for no reason.

Tsukiko laughed at his expression. “You thought that he was like an ex-boyfriend of mine or some sort, didn’t you?”

Aomine blushed making her chuckle.

“Oh Aomine, you’re so kawaii” she pinched his cheeks. “No, he isn’t. He’s just my idiotic step-brother”

“So what happened to him? Why didn’t he come with you to Tokyo?” Aomine asked her.

“I thought I was telling the history of my skill in basketball” Tsukiko reckoned, folding her arms.

“Tch, oh sorry”

Tsukiko chuckled softly and continued. “Anyway, I’ll get to that but first—my step-brother Takuya was introduced to me when I was a little kid. My father let him stay there while he sorted things with his affair and my mother. Takuya was forced to live with me and my grandparents. He was a city child so he didn’t have friends back at home” Tsukiko smiled at the memory.

“So he had no choice but to play with me. I thought him the games back and the province and he thought me his. And that’s when basketball was introduced to me…”

Aomine stared at her unusual smile. It was a smile of pure joy that he hasn’t seen before. A smile Tsukiko hasn’t done for a while since she went to Japan.

“Takuya would come and visit me every summer to teach me new tricks and techniques he learns from his friends from his school. And he even bought advance basketball books for us to study” she scratch the back of her neck. “Yeah, you can say us kids studying advance stuff is pretty monstrous”

“I don’t think that”

“Stop it, you’re making me blush”

“Sorry” Aomine snickered.

“Anyway, Takuya and I started to join the older players in our province who play basketball and evolved rapidly with our skills in that sport. We were later called prodigies, and followed the monsters” she sighed, closing her eyes for a bit but reopened it. “We excelled in the sport that we didn’t realize that people didn’t want to play with us anymore. Nobody dared to play against us…”

Aomine looked at her sadly, understanding the emotion she felt. “Takuya, being a better player than me and was passionate about basketball was really affected and just decided to leave the province for good. His personality even changed.  He flew to America with his mother during middle school and I never seen him since” she sighed and beamed.

“Well I haven’t told that story for a while”

“You never told anyone about?”

“Just my two cousins” Tsukiko replied as Aomine nodded. “Have they met Takuya before?” Tsukiko responded a nod. “Yeah actually, those two joined us in playing basketball. And that’s when Tetsuya started to play but never had a chance to be taught by Takuya since he always sleeps whenever he is asked to teach that bluenette”

“I see” Aomine glanced at her. “Does he even bother you?”

Tsukiko looked at him with her eyes narrowed. “Of course it does. Takuya is special to me, and he’s behind the reason why I enjoy basketball” she said with a smile.