Chapter twenty-eight: Set it literally on fire

Caroline's POV
Shadow leaped at us. I raked my claws across his muzzle, blood spraying the ground in a frenzy. Kion raked his claws against Shadow's belly. More blood sprayed the ground. Now the blood was pooling hard. Suddenly rocks fell and I had to leap out of the way.

Suddenly I heard rain. It began to downpour. Lightning flashed. I could see the lighting from here. Janja and Kion moved closer to me.

Four feet from where Shadow was moving closer in a creepy evil walk, lightning flashed and hit a rock, causing sparks to happen. Then a clear fire started and began to make things hotter. Shadow looked at us evilly. " Well well well! I guess nature is on my side." Shadow swiped at us, and the blaze continued. We dodged but had to move closer to the fire.

Shadow leaped. Suddenly, I had a great idea. I grabbed the two males scruffs. You know, Janja and Kion's. I pulled them to the side.

Shadow's eyes widened. " I am not done yet!" He snarled and then he tried to jump at us. But the thing was there was a tree inside the cave. I don't know how or why there was a tree inside here.

Suddenly the fire hit a branch and lit it on fire. The branch suddenly fell in front of Shadow. Shadow stopped moving. He looked at the fire in fear. The fire on the other side was getting closer to him. We continued to watch him. I was afraid we wouldn't make it out of here alive.