Chapter nine: Night the Hellhound

Caroline's POV
Jasiri, me, and Dogo were playing a game, when all of a sudden, my ears pricked and I heard a noise. Heavy footsteps and a lash of a tail so strong...that can only be one thing! A hellhound!

Jasiri realized it as well and asked, " What is that noise?"A spirit colored hellhound leaped out of some bushes. I growled, and lashed my tail. The hellhound then fell to the ground and rolled around like a kit does sometimes.

" Hellhound," I greeted. " What do you need?" I snarled. She then leaped up to meet my face. " I am Night the hound animal. I am here to help," she said. My heart soared. " With what?!" I snarled, baring my fangs to show I wasn't someone to mess with.

" To help protect the new guard member," she panted. Jasiri, Dogo, and I shared a glance. " Please explain what you mean," I said at once. " I was once a member of Shadow's pack. One day I came across an injured animal. I helped it instead of doing what Shadow wanted me to do." She barked.

" He banished me and told me that if he ever saw me again that I would be killed. It turns out that it's hard for a hell dog like me to run away from him. I tried and tried again, but he ordered me prisoner," she woofed.

" I finally escaped death and came here to help the ones who aren't gonna hurt me," she said, blue eyes flashing with a hint of fear. " So do you think I can stay with you for a while?" She asked, ears beginning to flat down. Then her eyes went all shiny and cute.

" Uhhhhhh...." I said, my ears flat and I had to bend back in order to avoid her. " I'll see what I can do. No promises though," I told her, and she happily skipped around my paws for feet.