Chapter three: Shadow returns

Caroline's POV
Rafiki interrupted my fun. The mouse-brain. I was just getting warmed up. Suddenly, a flash of fur obscured my vision. " Ah, the Lion Guard! I'm ba-ack!" Laughed the all too much familiar voice of the one I wished to never meet again. " Shadow!" I growled. He laughed evilly. His voice like an animatronic. And I'm serious about that.

" Well well, if it isn't the human! Still not back to your world I see," he cackled. My hackles rose. " Well, I don't want to ever return, Shadowstar!" I growled. He only laughed. He Amber gaze flicked over all of us. " There's an outcast in your group!" He said, his evil gaze on Chase. Hehe! Chase Chase Chase!

Chase shifted her wings. She looked terrified. " Looks like a tasty snack!" Another dog added. " Blue fire, Shade! You two take care of the guard! I will take care of the humans!" Shadow snarled. " Howl! Help me take these two out!" Shadow growled, beckoning a male hellhound. Chase shivered even more.

Shadow grinned. " Ah a puny runt human! No match for Shadow and his pack!" Shadow cackled. " That's Chase to you!" She bravely cawed. " After we take you out, we are going to take out Simba, Nala, and all those others you call, family and friends!" He grinned. He licked his lips.

" Not on my life!" I shouted, baring my fangs, my back rising up like a warrior cat. Shadow looked thoughtfully over at me. " That..." He started. " Can be arranged!" He promised us.