Chapter fifteen: The missing animal

Caroline's POV
I woke up the very next day and stretched. My paw hit two animals. Kion of course and also even more of course, Janja. No matter how many times I told him that I would more likely kiss Bree than mate with him, it never seems to work. And Bree is a girl!

So I got up and padded out of the lion guard den. Almost tripping over Dogo. Man that jackal pup is like a ghost. Invisible and silent.

I sniffed at the air. Of course I was not the only animal up. But there was something different. I smelled fear and worry. " Caroline! Oh thank goodness! Is the rest of the guard with you?" Asked an alligator.

I shook my head. " My baby has disappeared! And I found this," said the mother alligator. She shoved a tree barked thing. It looked like paper but bark. It was a note. " Read it please!" Pleaded the female. I nodded. " Of course Madame," I spoke politely.

" We have taken your kid. Give us the bird. And the lion. Or we'll kill him and all the other animals that we have held captive. Anyone else who tries will get bloodshed. You have no hope. And tell Simba that the Pridelands belong to us now," I spoke. This was a threat. I knew who that was. It was Shadow.

" And bring us the hound too. We have special plans for her," I continued to read. He was planning on killing me, Chase, and Night. " Was this here when you woke up?" I asked her. She nodded. " I'm sorry about what it said. I can't bring you or your friends to him. I thought that if the rest of the guard could come and help we could beat him!" The mother said frantically.

" But it says that there will be..." I began to protest. " I know what it said! But maybe we could kill him before anything bad happens to my baby!" Wailed the alligator, raking the ground with her sweet love grief.