"Champagne. It's fantastic! I feel so elegant drinking it." Sam stands up straight, a smug smile on her lips.

"You look like an idiot that's holding in their pee." Cody comes up behind us, laughing.

She gapes at him, "I do not!"

"Do t–"

"Hey, guys. What's happening?" Alexis interrupts and Cody immediately silences. He gives her a nervous smile.

"Cody here was saying how Sam didn't look elegant. She looked like an idiot holding their pee in." I inform her, which makes her eyebrows rise. Alexis looks towards him and he rubs the back of his neck, looking everywhere but her.

"Wow, Cody. Who knew you were so mean?" She grins at him.

"Oh, I did." Drake says as he gulps down his champagne, popping up out of nowhere. "I've known it since I met him six years ago."

I raise an eyebrow at the both of them, "You guys have known each other for six years?"

"Yup. We joined The Blue Assassins at the same time." Cody finally speaks up and Drake nods.

"I remember you two." Alexis tells them, "Yeah. Weren't you the ones who tried to sneak out?"

Cody chuckles awkwardly, "That's us."

"Hey, in my defense, the cafeteria ran out of donuts and I was craving them tremendously."

"Can't argue with that." I shrug and Sam rolls her eyes.

"Both of you should be very, very fat. Your metabolism must be really high."

"It is." We say, smiling at each other.

She frowns at us, "You two are so lucky."

Before I can give her a reply, I hear Alexander's loud voice.

"Excuse me, Assassins. It is time for your leader's ceremony." Alexander announces and everyone becomes silent. "Mrs. Ashmore, please participate in this event also."

"That's my cue." I murmur, handing Sam my champagne, and making my way up to the front. River winks at me and I wink back, smiling. Someone instructs me to stand beside him and I do, looking down at the large hot tub.

Wait, why are we in front of a hot tub? Why is there even a hot tub here?

"Let's begin." Alexander interrupts my thoughts and he closes his eyes. Confused, I watch him put his hand in the water while taking a deep breath. He opens his eyes, his hand still in the tub, and nods at River. At that moment, I realize it's not a hot tub. It's the Age Water.

"It is your turn, my son."

My eyes widen, afraid of this dangerous water that without me, could've and would've killed River. As if he could sense my fear and worry, River slowly interwinds our fingers as a silent reassurance.

Before he puts his hand in the water, he smiles softly at me and squeezes my hand. I gulp and watch his hand touch his father's underwater. A jolt is sent into River's body and I could slightly feel it from our conjoined hands.

They pull their hands out and River stumbles back but I hold onto him.

"Are you okay? River?" I ask, clear concern in my voice.

He grins at me, panting. "I'm okay, my queen. Are you?"

"I am if you are." I chuckle and he takes both of my hands, balancing himself. While he catches his breath from the recent events, I look at Alexander.

My mouth opens immediately, astonished. Alexander no longer has a full head of black hair, but grey.

How the hell...

"The Age Water isn't in his control anymore. It's in mine. So everything the water has done to him is taken away." River explains to my flabbergasted self.

"What the hell is in that water?"

"I have no idea. No one's allowed to know. And who did know died centuries ago."

I raise an eyebrow at him, "The Blue Assassins have been around that long?"

"Yup." He nods.

"Wow..."

River stares at me for a moment, glancing down at my lips. I smirk at that and he rolls his eyes.

"Come on. We've got a party to enjoy."

"Even though we both know this party isn't exactly what you want to enjoy at the moment." I tease him and he glares at me.

"Oh, shut up." He mutters, gripping my waist as we walk toward the food.

I grin. "Make me."

"Fine." River grabs a cupcake and stuffs it in my mouth. I gasp, covering my mouth. But I can't help laughing and he joins me.

"You look like a clown."

"Oh yeah?" I stuff a cupcake in his mouth too and his eyes widen. "Now you do too." I say, laughing.

"Clowns forever?" River smiles and I laugh, nodding.

"Clowns forever." I peck his lips quickly, making him lick the cupcake icing off my lips.

"These cupcakes are really good."

I smile, "Definitely."