Finally

Louis' POV

"Hello?" Harry picked up the phone. "Erm, er yeah. Ok." Harry stuttered. "Yes see you then. Bye."

"So?" I asked curious.

"In the evening we are going to my dads house I guess."

"Ok."

"Ok? Nothing's ok. As I said he will just do nothing but being mean and awful."

"Harry why do you think he won't like me? Because think about how that actually sounds to me at the moment. It sounds as if you'd be ashamed of me and I'm not good enough for you."

"Louis no. I love you and you're the best thing that ever happened to me but I just want to prepare you of what is going to happen."

"Harry?"

"Hm?"

"I don't want to do this all anymore, ok? I finally want to be happy. With you. But I can't if there's always someone standing in our way and I don't think I want to do this any longer."

"But Louis after every obstacle we went through we're one step closer to final happiness."

"But I don't wanna try anymore, you know? I fought with my dad and I was beaten up from guys that used to be my friends and the most important thing is I fought with myself. I'm done fighting."

"But I'm not. Not yet but soon."

"Ha-"

"And I was by your side while every fought of you so why can't you be there for me as well? We will get there but if we won't stay together now we will never get there."

I thought about that for a moment. I was so done but I loved Harry so much that it hurts. Seriously I had no idea how I'm going to survive this. But I knew that Harry was right and even if he wasn't I was still gonna give up because I loved him more than I ever loved anyone else in my life.

"What am I gonna wear?"

"What?" Harry asked confused.

"What am I gonna wear tonight?" I repeated.

"I love you." Harry smiled.

"I love you, too, but I'm serious. What should I wear?"

Harry laughed and then thought about it for a while.

"Erm I don't think you should appear to serious like in a suit or something because it's better if dad gets to know you the way you are but maybe you still won't go in sweatpants. Just put on casual pair of jeans and maybe a white shirt or something. Something you feel comfy with."

"Ok babe. To be honest I'm pretty nervous now but it's fine I guess."

Harry smiled and stroked a streak of my hair out of my face.

"It will all work out trust me. I have a feeling that he's going to be nice today."

"Hope so."

-------------------------

"Lou, are you ready?" I heard Harry yelling from downstairs while I was still standing in front of the mirror fixing my hair yawning.

"Coming." I said and ran down.

"I'm ready." I said but I guess it didn't look like that.

"Are you sure? You look pretty tired."

"I am but-"

"Louis I can call dad and cancel it if you want to."

"No it's alright."

"Are you sure? Because a lot happened today I mean you were beaten up and then all this uproar. It's fine if you say you don't want to go."

"No I do want to go really."

"Yes?"

"Yes! Now let's go curly."

So we went out and drove to Harry's dads house. When we reached it I was pretty nervous and I even tripped when I got out of the car. But right after it I felt Harry's hand holding mine and he looked at me. Then I looked back.

"It'll be ok don't worry. He just must like you."

"Let's go?"

"Whatever you say."

So we knocked on the door and Harry's dad opened. My first impression of him was that he seemed really nice but also posh. I'm not saying that posh people can't be nice but they are most likely surface.

"Hey dad." Harry greeted his dad.

"Son!" Harry's dad said and they both hugged.

"Hello sir." I greeted as kind as possible with a smile on my face and reached out my hand which he took.

"Hello. You must be Louis."

"Yes it's a pleasure to meet you sir."

"The pleasure is all mine. Come in." Harry's dad said and leaded us in. "Please guys take a seat." he said and pointed to chairs standing around a table.

We sat down and Harry and I exchanged nervous looks.

"D'you want to drink something?"

"Yes I'd like to." Harry said.

"Erm yeah, m-me too." I stuttered.

"Ok I'll be right back."

The situation was all awkward and all I wanted to do in this moment was to escape this situation but I couldn't. I wouldn't run away. I reminded myself that I swore it.

"Here you go boys." Harry's dad said and sat down.

"So how did that happen?" he asked.

"Well, you know when mum was in hospital, right? So, I was pretty down and Louis was all nice to me and comforted me and then we went to a party and it just kind of happened." Harry explained and waited for a reaction from his dad.

"Ok and you're happy yeah?" he asked doubtful.

"Yes dad, incredibly happy."

"Well, that's good. I'm glad you're happy, son."

And I just sat there. And listened. And I wanted to say something but I wasn't able to. I was all paralyzed and I opened my mouth but nothing came out.

"And Louis are you still in school or?"

Now I had to speak if I wanted to or not.

"Erm, er, I erm... So I finished school before holidays a-and after holidays I start an internship." I stuttered nervous.

"You are 19, aren't you?"

"Yes, sir, I had to repeat one year." I answered ashamed.

Harry's dad gave me strange look and then continued asking stuff.

"And where do you do your internship?"

"In an aquarium."

"Erm ok."

I got more nervous by every word Harry's dad said. And I was angry. Angry how Harry was right with the things he said before. That his dad will make me feel little and he definitely did.

"Dad!" Harry tried to warn him.

"What, Harry? I'm just interested in what he's doing."

I was like really angry but I wouldn't say anything because it's gonna be alright, right? I had to remind myself that I'm doing it for Harry and it's worth it.

"Do you consider doing anything else someday or?" Harry's dad asked.

"Not yet no. I think first I have to do go through this now and then I'll see."

"Do you have any plans for the future?" he asked as if I was a worthless little kid who wasn't able to do anything ever.

My eyes first turned over to Harry who made himself as little as he could and he nipped on his water in embarrassment.

"Yes. Yes I do have plans. My plan is to make your son happy and to have a wonderful life with him. I want to settle down and establish a family with Harry. I want to be happy and I want to live my life the way I like it because that's what makes me happy." I almost yelled a bit. "Do you know what makes me angry? You asked me everything about my life to find out if I 'suit' your son. But you didn't ask the most important thing did you?"

"Oh and what do you think would that be?"

"You did not ask me if I Iove Harry. What actually has to be the main fact to you and everything else should be irrelevant. And that's what makes me sad."

Harry's dad seemed down now. I guess nobody had ever said something like this to him. I guess he thought about what I said and I was pretty nervous. What would happen if it was all over now. If he wouldn't let me continue dating Harry? What if I went too far? Fuck. But I couldn't undo it anymore. All I could do was to wait and to fight for my love. Yes. I'm going to stand up for my opinion and for my love.

I was ready to defend myself but Harry's dad wouldn't let me.

"You're right." he said.

Harry choked on his water in this moment and everything was so different suddenly.

"I... what?" I asked because I was still concerned I overheard something.

"You're right, Louis. I'm sorry."

I looked at Harry in relief and he smiled at me.

"I'm sorry. It's just, I had so many chances I didn't use when I was younger and Harry is basically everything I have anymore and I just don't want him to end up like me. I only want the best for him. Do you understand?"

"Yes."

"Dad?" Harry brought himself into the conversation.

"Hm?" he asked.

"I really appreciate that you care for me but I know what's best for me, ok?"

"Yes it's fine Harry. Don't worry."

"I love you, dad."

"I love you, too, Harry and I'm really really proud of you. If you're happy then everything's alright."

Harry stood up and they hugged.

"Aw." I said and laughed so Harry's dad let one arm go off Harry as sign for me to join the hug what I did. It was strange I mean I just met him but it felt good.

And somehow I felt it: we're going to be happy now. It's all fine and it felt right. We were so happy I swear I could've cried of happiness.