Broken and betrayed

Harry's POV

Louis and I were outside the whole day, just walking. Louis tried to cover up how he really felt, he tried making jokes but they didn't really get me while normally they did. It's just that he was trying too hard. I knew that under that smile Louis was still hurt. And I didn't want to admit it but I'm afraid that Louis was way more hurt than I knew. Not just because of what happens lately, that was just the tip of the iceberg. I shook the thought off. 'You don't know him, styles. I bet you're wrong' I tried telling that myself over and over again. If you do that long enough maybe your brain start believing it.

"You okay curly?"

I saw Louis smiling at me

"Yah, sure"

I smiled back.

"But.. Lou?"

Louis raised an eyebrow as a sign for me that he was listening.

"It's getting late and soon it'll be dark.. I assume you won't go back home tonight so what do you wanna do then?"

Louis chuckled a bit

"I did that before, Harry, don't forget that. I know a place where we can sleep. Do you wanna go there now?"

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

We arrived at the place Louis found for us to sleep. Well, let's not expect too much by the word "place". In fact it was an old bridge. Yeah exactly. Hello, cliche. Louis must've seen my look because he came over and kissed my cheek.

"I'm sorry, curly, I shouldn't have taken you here, this is my problem, not yours. You shouldn't be sleeping under a bridge because I can't sort things out with my dad. I don't blame you if you wanna go back home. It's okay if you don't wanna stay"

I just threw my backpack on the stone ground of the bridge. Louis couldn't hide a smile as I did so, though he still tried me to tell that it was okay for me to go. I'd never do that! I couldn't leave him right now!

We unpacked a bit of our stuff and tried to make it as comfortable as possible. I cuddled myself next to Louis. As I felt his warm body next to mine, his lips on my neck, I just cuddled myself into him and before I could kiss him goodnight I fell asleep.

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

I woke up at a time that felt like middle of the night. Well it probably was because it still was really dark outside. And then I figured out what woke me up. The sight of it hit me with shock. I saw Louis leaning against the wall, curled up to a ball and violently shaking with sobs. The sight of that shocked me. What happened? I've never seen Louis like that and it fucking scared me! Maybe I was right with him not being okay underneath.. I shoved the thought back and crawled next to him. I carefully touched his shoulder.

"Louis? You okay?"

Louis flinched at my touch and looked up. His eyes were red from crying, the tears still streaming down his face. He tried to say something but he couldn't. Another son interrupted the first word.

"Hey.. Hey it's okay baby shh, don't cry"

Yeah, my desperate way of calming him down. I'm bad at this but I knew I had to do it for him.
I brought him into a cuddle and held him tight, just letting him cry as I stroked his back, whispering soothing words into his war.

"Baby don't cry, please, I'm here. It's okay, it's alright, I got you, calm down please!"

Another few moments passed till Louis finally calmed down a bit, his sobs getting softer.

"Hey Louis, what happened?"

"Doesn't matter, i-it's okay"

"It does matter Louis! It does to me"

"It's just.. The whole thing with my dad stresses me out. It's not just that thing right now, but it all comes together. It always was that way, always! He just cares about his reputation but never about me! I'm his son! Fuck, but he doesn't care how I feel. He never did. And since mum passed away.. It just got worse.. You know, he.. He really loved her. We all miss her terribly. I try forgetting it and so does he. But he has to look at me every day. He hates me b-because I remind him of m-mum every day."

At those last words Louis started crying softly again.

I stroked his back, not knowing what to say to make him feel better. I snared to tell him how it wasn't true, how I could never imagine anyone to hate him. How could someone possibly hate such a wonderful person? I wanted to tell him how it's okay for him to miss his mum. But I knew he wouldn't believe me. I did the only thing I could in that moment. I brought him into a hug and kissed the top of his head.

"I'm here Louis, I'm here I promise. It's gonna be alright. We'll sort it out"

I kissed his head, his cheek and his lips till he finally fell asleep again.

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

We continued waking on the other day. Louis didn't mention the last night when we woke up and so I didn't either. Louis took my hand as we continued walking and he smiled at me. After a while we saw two shadows appearing at the end of the street. As they came closer I saw an expression of shock on Louis face and he let go of my hand as if it was burning him. I looked at him, confused. But Louis just shook his head. The persons came closer and I was surprised as Louis smiled at them, exchanging handshakes with them.

"Liam, Zayn, haven't seen you in a while!"

"Good to see you again bud! How are you doing? And who's that?"

One of the boys looked at me.

"Harry, these are Liam and zayn. We went to middle school. I haven't seen you ages!"

Louis was really happy which made me smile, thinning back to last night.

"And guys this is Harry, my- a friend of mine."

My bright smile faded at these words. I expected him to tell them about is, those guys were his friends and Louis was the one crying about not being able to be together. His words hurt me more than I wanted them to. Louis looked me in the eyes and he had to see the pain in my eyes, I knew it but he just shook his head, motioning me to shut up. I hid my hurt by a smile

"Hi guys! Nice to meet you!"

Why wouldn't Louis stand by me? Why would he hurt me like that? I didn't understand. Louis always was the one to tell me how other people should respect us and now he basically just betrayed me. I didn't understand. He didn't have a problem when people saw us holding hands, just with these two. What has happened with those guys?