Everything has changed

Louis' POV

I ran out of the room and ran to the front door. Then I stopped. I stopped immediately in front of the door. No! This time I wouldn't run away. Not this time. The past days I've changed so much and I didn't even know to what. I couldn't throw all this away by running away. Again and again. I don't run away anymore. Never again. That's what I swore to myself.

Then I went upstairs and to our room. I was afraid of opening the door but I did.

Harry sat there with his head in his but turned his head up when he heard the door. He faced me and tears filled his eyes.

"Er... I'm sorry Harry. I really didn't meant to..."

"Hurt me, yeah? Is that what you wanted to say? Well, that's funny because you do nothing hurt me ever since you know me. And I'm really sorry about your mum. I really am. But could you please just stop to always fight with me? It's enough wrong here at the moment. I really don't need that now."

"I already said I'm sorry. And I mean it. The thing I don't understand is that you have more problems with your mum although there are still chances that your mum's alive. The first thing I heard about my mum the day she died was that she's dead."

"Do you know what's the bad thing? The uncertainty. This endless thing of not knowing what's up. The hopes at fears at the same time. It kills me not to know what's up, what'll happen and when it'll happen."

I sat down next to Harry but turned my head down.

"However I'm sorry. Even if it was the same with my mum and your mum everyone handles it different. And I don't know what it is but somehow things are different and I don't know why, it's all complicated. I'm a complicated person at all."

I noticed that Harry's eyes watched me now and continued.

"I yell at people and hate them endlessly and in the next moment I'm all sorry and I want it all to be like before but I never have the guts to say sorry. I'm always too proud to admit that I made a mistake. And then I most likely run away. I run away until I think that it's all over anyway. This is the first time I came back."

"I'm feeling honored." Harry said and grinned at me. I looked up at him with tears in my eyes but I had to laugh. I poked his shoulder and we both grinned and looked down. It was awkwardly silent but then Harry began to speak.

"Why didn't you ran away this time?'

"To be honest I actually don't know. I told you that I always was too proud to admit my mistake. Well, apparently this time I was too proud to run away."

"That's strange, isn't it? How something can change from one moment to the other."

"Yeah"

And suddenly the situation was all fine and precious. Nobody cried nobody yelled. Everything was fine even if just for the moment.

"Do you have a girlfriend?" Harry suddenly asked me.

"What? No" I laughed, "How comes that question now?"

"I don't know it just came in my mind now, sorry." He smiled but seemed a bit ashamed.

"You don't have to be sorry. Are you taken, curly boy?"

"No I... Not really." He now looked down.

"What do you mean with not really. Is there something going?" I asked and grinned a bit insolent.

"No. I don't have many friends in general. Like I'm not the popular guy everyone likes. I don't go to parties. I don't go out in the evening. I'm like the nerd that no one likes only that I'm not a nerd."

At this point we both laughed and somehow it felt good.

"So, I have lots of... well, "friends". It's like those people you hang out with though you don't really know them. I'm always in the center of a party since either people from our school are giving them or friends of Tess where she just takes me to. It's always very big and a lot of fun. It's like you're always meeting new people and playing drink games and loud music and dancing I love partying."

Harry still looked down and I didn't know what to say. Suddenly he looked up and said "I'd love to go to a party sometime but I'm never invited to one."

"Wow I can't even imagine life without parties." Was what I said and I realised that Harry lived what I couldn't imagine.

I'll take you to the next party I get invited to. Pinky promise." I said smiling to Harry and looked at him.

"Really?" He asked smiling.

"Yes and one can say a lot about me but I never break my promises."

"Thank you." He said and smiled.

"No problem, curly."

"Don't always call me curly."

"You can't prevent that from happening."

"Guess I can't."

"You learn quickly, curly." I said and he poked my shoulder. I poked him back and he fell to a lying position. He tried to get up but I put my arms his to hold him back and started laughing. Harry continued struggling but I was stronger. He started laughing, too. I let myself fall next to him when we both heard dad saying "Dinner's ready boys." I got up and reached Harry my hand to get up which he gratefully accepted and we both went down.

Already on the stairs a nice smell of food got into my nose.

"Did you cook?" I asked my dad.

"Yeah I made pancakes."

I smiled because it was my favourite food. And dad knows that. Especially if they're from him.

"Why are you smiling like mad?" Harry asked.

"Because you'll eat the best pancakes you've ever eaten in your entire life now, curly."

"Nah, I don't think so. My grandma does the best pancakes ever. Nothing can top that."

"You'll see that you're wrong."

We were all funny with each other and looked at one another.

"Did I miss something? I mean I'm glad you're happy but... How comes?" Dad asked.

"Erm. I think we don't know either." Harry laughed.

"Well, fine" Dad smiled now, too. "Take a seat guys."

So we sat down and before I started eating my eyes turned to Harry.

"What?" He asked.

"I just wanted to hear you say that these pancakes are fabulous when you have your first bite."

Harry rolled his eyes but then took a fork full of pancake and ate it.

"Soooo?"

He chewed a few times on it before he gave his answer.

"They are... they are good." He said with his mouth still full of pancake.

"LIAR!" I shouted.

"Ok there are perfect."

"That's right, curly."

"Are there any chances I can stop you from calling me curly?"

"No, not at all."

And my dad still looked at us with the most confusing look he could give. But he kind of started laughing, too. And for the moment everyone forgot that Anne's in hospital.

-----------------------------------------

A/N: Hi it's Mayra. So actually I really don't know if this chapter is good because I literally wrote like everyday a few sentences since I was on vacation and hadn't that much time. I'm sorry but I hope you still enjoy.x