Faded memories

Louis' POV

I woke up again by noises downstairs. I supposed that it's my dad and Anne but when I went down I saw that I was wrong. There was a lady but not Anne. Went quite fast this time. Like a few hours before Anne was here and now there's already another woman. Wow. My dad seemed to top himself again. But when I listened what they were talking about I noticed that it's not what couples are talking about. "What is that woman doing here?" I asked my dad who turned nervous to face me because he hadn't seen me before. "Wow, you scared me Louis." He said.  

"Why? Is there anything you should tell me?"  

"Erm, yes probably." He stuttered and got even more nervous. "So this young lady is here to erm sell our house." I gasped for air. Did he say that he wants to sell our house? The house I had grown up in? The house that I got so used to that I could go anywhere even if I were blind? The house where we had fun together in? The house where... Where all of my memories of mum are. Mum. He couldn't sell this house. Did he know how much that means to me? "She what?" I asked.  

"Louis I didn't tell you yet because I was afraid of your reaction. See, I'm going to explain you later because now I have to finish this with the lady who helps us selling our house." I looked at him for a while but when I felt the tears coming up I went upstairs in my room and cried. I know it's not very usual for a twenty one year old boy to cry just because their house gets sold. It's not even big but in this house are more memories than in any photos or stuff. Because I just have this one photo of my mum. Every other got burned. We had like a storage room where all of our photo albums and souvenirs were in but one day it caught fire and everything in this room was most likely destroyed. I kept this photo in my pocket so it didn't get burnt. The picture shows my mum how she cuddles me in when we sat on the couch. The memories of all that were coming back now and more and more tears streamed down my face. I still remember when we visited mum everyday in hospital after her car crash. But apparently we couldn't do anything because she wasn't strong enough. Her body suffered from her injuries what causes her death. I often missed her. Especially when dad had his girlfriends. And I couldn't help myself but always compare them to mum. But nobody compares to mum. I actually didn't want to compare them because I knew that nobody can replace her but I couldn't change things.

When the lady was gone and I calmed myself a little down I heard footsteps coming upstairs. It knocked at my door and then it opened slowly. Dad was standing there asking to come in. He sat down next to me on my bed and then tried to explain what's going on: "Listen Louis. I know that you love this house and that it's very important for you. It's something special and it'll always be. It'll always be in our hearts. But me and Anne are dating now since two month."  

"Two month?" I interrupted him.  

"Why didn't you tell me earlier?" I asked him.  

"Well, I noticed that you may be annoyed by all the women changes so I wanted to find out if it's different this time before telling you." Wow at least he noticed that I hated all of his women.  

"Still no reason to sell the house." I told him reproachfully.  

"Yes I haven't finished yet. So I found out that this time it is something special between me and Anne. It really is and it's mutual. She thinks so, too and that's why we've decided to live together, Louis." I think I stopped breathing for a moment. I should live together with a woman I have seen once in my life?  

"Dad, I don't even know Anne. I didn't even talk to her."  

"Yes I know. You will get the chance. Tomorrow we want to meet at her house to get a little used to it and to celebrate."  

"So we're going to live at her house?"  

"Yes we will."  

"And what exactly are we going to celebrate? 'Wow I finally found the right woman and we know each other since two month and we go on quite well so we will live together but lets not care what Louis thinks of it?!' Is that what we are going to celebrate? Because I can't think of any other reason."