Home sweet home

Louis' POV

I didn't know where to go anymore. The only thing I knew was that I wanted to leave. Leave this house I just couldn't call my home. Leave this family that wasn't even mine. Leave the life I didn't want to live. I didn't even know anymore. And that was the main feeling at the moment. I was walking around trying to get any thoughts in my mind but nothing. I stared straight forwards and went on. It felt like ages of walking until I noticed where my subconsciousness leaded me. I was standing in front our old house. I must've walked quite much since our old house was far away from our new house. Suddenly a woman came out of the house with the garbage in her hand. She was looking quite confused at me because I was standing right in front of her not doing anything. "Can I help you?" She asked while putting the garbage into the barrel.

"Erm... Basically... I- I'm Louis. This is my old home and I..." I stopped talking. I couldn't tell her that I was here because my stupid mind leaded me here. It wasn't my home anymore so I had nothing to do there.

"Ok and why did you come here?" She asked. Shit. What should I say? "Erm, I... I didn't know what I should do so I guess I just went here."

"Uh, ok." She was still confused. Of course she was. It was her house. Her home. And all of the sudden a stranger is standing right before her house telling her stuff that doesn't make sense.

"So... Is there something I can help you with? Or why did you come here? There has to be something you wanted here, hasn't it?" She asked me with a nice smile on her face.

"Well, I'm pretty sure that I'm here because I wanted something but the problem is that I don't know what I want. Because in the last time I don't know anything at all." I answered and she looked understanding since my look turned sad.

"So I guess you're not very fine with moving somewhere else hm? No need to be ashamed. I know how that feels. I didn't want to move either but my husband had a great job offer causing us to move here." She said and suddenly had my attention.

"So you don't like it here?"

"Not really but I guess I have to live with it."

"Well, but it's something different with me. It's not that I just don't like it. I hate it. I hate every single thing. The reason why my dad forced me to move with him was a new woman. They have known each other just for two month and they wanted to live together already. That's not normal. I just can't stand this whole 'family'. It's not my family."

"Do you- do you want to come in and maybe talk a bit?" My dad always told me never to talk to stranger and especially not to go in their house. But it was something else. I felt understood for the first time since a while. And it was my old home. Basically, I knew the house better than she does. So why not.

"Sure." I said and followed her inside.

"Oh my god, I'm sorry" she suddenly said "I haven't introduced me yet. I'm Sarah and I'm 27 years old."

"I'm Louis as I told you before and I'm 19 years old." I said and had a smile on my face. A real smile.

"Do you want to drink something?" She questioned as we sat down at the table in the kitchen.

"No thanks." I replied.

"So what did happen that you feel so bad?"

"It all started when my dad told me he had a new girlfriend. Her name's Anne and she's his age. I mention the age because the 'girlfriends' he had before were like half his age. And right after he told me about his oh so wonderful girlfriend he told me that he wanted to live with her. In her house. It all came really quickly, I couldn't even think about things. The next day we went visiting her for me to see what the house looks like. And surprise surprise, she has a son! And I stood there surprised since my dad 'forgot' to tell me about it. I mean he couldn't have forgotten it. One simply doesn't forget things like this. But as if this weren't enough I was told that I have to share a room with the son, Harry. I couldn't share my room. I need privacy. And Harry is so fucking annoying. And Anne always acts like my mum. But she isn't. She can't tell me what to do."

"Well but she's the live-in girlfriend of your dad. Don't you think a little respect would be good?"

"I learnt to disrespect and ignore dads girlfriend since they always did the same with me."

"Did Anne disrespect you in some way?"

"Well... No but..."

"Do you know why she didn't do that? Because she's older. She's mature enough to act like a mum. That's the reason she sometimes treats you as if you were her son. You're just not used to it. You never experienced that women are strong enough to treat you like that."

"But I don't want her to treat me like that."

"Did you like it better when they ignored you and treated you like shit?"

"No. I don't want a 'mum' at all. Because..."

"Because?"

"The only mum in my life is my mum."

"Well, why do you always think the girlfriends of your father should replace your mum? No one can replace ones mum. And I don't think it's your dads goal to find a mum for you. He wants a woman to live with. So don't see them as a kind of stepmother. See them as your dads girlfriend."

"But it's not that easy."

"Well, see. This woman makes your dad happy. Isn't it in your mind that your dad is happy?"

"Yes but not with her. We were always happy when we were on our own."

"But maybe you weren't complete, hm?" suddenly I got angry at her. Who did she think she was? Wanted to tell me that I'm wrong.

"We were complete!" I said and didn't sound that nice anymore.

"You were complete. But do you know about your dad?"

"I know him better than anyone else ok. He's my dad." I started screaming a bit.

"But still he wants you to behave different. Why don't you do what he wants of you if you know him so well?"

"Because I'm not his opinion and won't pretend something I'm not. I thought you understand me."

"Louis. I do understand you. That's why I'm trying to find a solution. And if you want to change something then you and your dad both have to agree of changing something."

"But I... No. My life is none of your business ok?! I didn't tell you to manage my life. Why do I even talk a stranger?" I yelled at her, stood up and left. Who did she think she was? She was just a stranger. Who did I think I was? I just went to our house and talked to a woman I never met before. I think it's time for me to do something but I just don't know how.