31 °

Recap

h a r r y

"He took everything from me." I had slowly stopped crying but I couldn't look anywhere but past my Grandmother's body, out the window. Looking at how the birds could land on the trees without feeling the type of misery I was currently going through. How they sang to themselves at such a dark time.

"Harry look at me." She forced my head to look up at hers. "We will get him back."

"I want to kill him."

"Then we will."

k a r a

"I need to call the boys so they know what's going on." He said, rushing around his apartment and digging through his pockets in an effort to find his phone.

"Harry..."

"Can you look in the closet in the bathroom if you can find a towel? We need to wrap her up and find a place for her...I just-" He paused to look at me, phone in hand. "I don't know what I want to do with her yet."

"Harry maybe you just need to take a second to process everything." I tried to make sure he knew that going off like this wasn't healthy. Once I got him to stop crying in my arms after a solid 30 minutes, he tried to shake it off like he was fine-but 30 minutes is not near as long as a person needs to grieve.

"It's okay, I'm fine." I rolled my eyes at his response, following him back to the kitchen. He's not fine.

"Harry please just listen to me okay. I know you're upset but if you try to go out like this, you're just going to end up getting yourself killed-"

"Kara!" He slammed his hands down on the counter, startling me a little; but I could tell once he seen my reaction he felt bad. "Just please do what I told you." He leaded over the counter with his head down, no longer trying to make eye contact.

"Okay." I just thought it would be best to give him some space, so I made no attempt to anger him further. I knew he would never hurt me...on purpose anyways. But I just had to trust that he knew what he was doing.

I went down a short, poorly lit hallway to the closet and dogged through to find a towel big enough for the job. Once I finally found one, I pulled it apart and flushed it down to see the height in comparison to me. Just as I gave it the okay, I noticed a photo on the ground as if it fell when I took out the towel. I picked it up and seen that it was a photo of young Harry, his grandmother and what seemed to be his grandfather; but he was standing far away from her and Harry.

He looked as if he was in utter control, them following his directions like puppets. I suddenly snapped out of it when I heard Harry drop something in the kitchen and mutter some swear words to himself-my heart once again beginning to ache at what he's been through in his life.

I hear him call out for me and instead of putting the picture back in the closet shelf, I tuck it away in the hem of my jeans; wanting to bring it up later when he wasn't like this.

"Here." I half walk, half jog to the kitchen and extend my arm out to give the towel, giving him a look of remorse along with it. He looks at me with an eyebrow raised as if he knew something was up and my hands flew back to the hem of my pants where i could feel the picture's sharp edges against the skin of my abdomen. He didn't notice my sharp movements, thankfully, but also didn't seem content with the way I was acting. He shrugged it off, wiping his raw face with his hands in a rough movement.

"Give me a second then we can go." His eyes looked distant.

"Let me help you." I reached out for him and unlike before, he didn't pull away from my grasp. My hand resting on the skin of his forearm.

"I think I should do it myself. Plus i'm just going to burn it anyways." My eyes narrowed at his words, but I relaxed as he ran his fingers along the hand that held onto him.

"Why would you burn her."

"It's not her anymore, just the body."

I wanted to tell him not to think like that, but Harry was smart. And he was right, it wasn't her anymore...and he shouldn't be reminded of the pain she went through during her death by the wounds on her body. "Oh." I released him, seemingly much to both our consents.

"Go wait in the car. I'll only take a few minutes." I nod my head at his orders and take my stuff, which included my phone and the picture I stole, and headed to his car.

(a/n) don't hate me. I really wanted to bring Zero back but in all honestly I don't even know if anyone even reads this anymore lmao.
but it was really nice to go back to writing again. everything just flowed and it was easy for me to get back into
the story but it might be more difficult for you all to start reading again.
let me know what you guys think :).

as always thanks for reading ily guys xx
-ali